naturalista's profile

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

Tuesday, November 19th, 2013 2:53 PM

U-verse Remote Power Button

Att Uverse Tv was set up in my home recently. The service is great so far, except for one irritating thing. Each day that I turn on one Tv, a message appears stating to hit OK to watch TV.  Whenever I do, still unable to flip channel until I press power putton on reciever. That might seem like a simple solution. I don't think I should have to press the power button to watch TV or flip channels. The message do not appear when I turn on the other  two television hooked up to Uverse. What can I do to resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

10 years ago

Your Uverse remote toggles between ATT & TV as indicated by the top row of buttons on your remote.

Make sure the ATT button lights up as you are trying to change the channels or complete other functions on the Uverse box (Forward/RR/Pause).

If the TV button (next to the ATT button) is lighting up, then it's controlling the TV and not the ATT box.

I say this because my DH panics when the channels won't change.  He actually called me yesterday because he was at home and I was out.  I told him, "Hit the ATT button at the top!".  His reply "Oh OK....it's working now...."  Smiley Frustrated

How it gets off the ATT button and on to the TV button, I have no idea....but it does.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

naturalista - Skeeter and MT give good advice. There is another possibility. When you turn off the STB/TV with the power button. It does not turn off the STB, only the TV & you cannot tell because the TV is off. When you power down be sure you are pointed at the STB and the oval green light goes out on the STB.

Then when you try to turn it on, you will. Instead of turning it off as you may be doing now.

To reinforce previous advice - Be sure you are in att mode on the remote & it is aimed at the STB.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you! You have been very helpful. Did not realize an ATT button was located on the Uverse remote. I press the ATT button and I am now able to flip channels without having to press the power button on the receiver. 😄

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Yes remote is programmed to turn on/off TV. Receiver is sitting on stand right below TV in a very good location. The ATT button do not light up when I press OK. I am now depressing the ATT button so the issue is resolved. Thanks!

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

The green light does not go out when I point remote toward STB. I press the att button and now things are normal. Thanks.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@naturalista wrote:
The green light does not go out when I point remote toward STB. I press the att button and now things are normal. Thanks.

So, when you are through watching TV and you press the power button, does the green light still not go out on the STB?  it should.  If your remote is correctly programmed, it should send out at least two commands.  One to power down the TV and another to power down the STB.  If you press Power on the remote, you should see both the TV and ATT buttons light up.  If they don't, something is not correctly setup.  Another factor is the delay.  Since it sends two separate commands, both do not happen at the same time.  It is the TV off and then STB off (or vice versa, there is an option for order).  My wife sometimes sets the remote down too fast and only one command gets there, as the other command is bouncing off the floor, lol.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry the green light does go off on stb when I press the power button on remote. Thanks for your help.

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

Anytime!  Welcome! Don't be a stranger on the forums.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Ok thanks!

Mentor

• 

81 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for this answer. This solved so many problems for me. Watching tv has gotten too complicated for some of us older people.Too many buttons to push and too many wires to hook up.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.