For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
csd972's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 7th, 2018 3:20 PM

Two Houses at same address

We have a large lot with a main house and pool house.  Pool house is 200' feet from main house.  We have U-verse bundle in main house and want same service in pool house.  Pool house has separate line drop from main pole.  Technician came to house and said we need separate modem in pool house; however, sales team said only one modem per address allowed.  We cannot create a separate address (and new ATT account) with the City for the pool house because it is physically located on the same lot as the main house.  How do we get ATT service to the pool house?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Hello,

Thank you for the prompt reply, much appreciated.  I discussed the wiring option you mention (cat 5 from main house to pool house) with the ATT technician at our house three days ago and he said this would not be a viable option due to the 200' distance between the houses.  He said we would experience data quality issues. 

On the wireless hotspot / WHPI options, I am concerned these may not provide the wireless capacity to replicate the full U-verse bundle for the pool house (tv, internet, phone) we currently have in the main house.  I am not experienced in this area and would appreciate your feedback on this,

Thank you, 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.