Hank02's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, March 8th, 2014 1:59 AM

Slow response to my remote. Hard to use when it is so slow. 2 different remotes react the same way.

The response from my DVR 1225 is so slow I don't know if it has received a request. I press the button again and in several seconds it doubles the request. I can't be the only one having this complaint. It also takes longer for the TV to respond with little screw icon running and running. If I want to erase a program, nothing happens, so after pressing erase again a few seconds later, the screen reads "The DVR is busy" What the devil is it so busy doing now days, it didn't used to be busy ALL THE TIME.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

1) have you tried rebooting the DVR (Hold the "power" button in for approximately 10 seconds, until it blinks).

2) If so, have you installed a new fluorscent light near the DVR?  Gotten a new TV or enabled dynamic brightness control on your TV?  It could be IR interference making it behave strangely.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

@JefferMC wrote:

1) have you tried rebooting the DVR (Hold the "power" button in for approximately 10 seconds, until it blinks).

2) If so, have you installed a new fluorscent light near the DVR?  Gotten a new TV or enabled dynamic brightness control on your TV?  It could be IR interference making it behave strangely.

Yes - to #1, No - to #2. The problem started a month or so ago when the price for Uverse went up and each time I want info (program search, On Demand, etc,) a white screw starts coming out of the screen and takes 3, 4, or 5 seconds for the info to appear. 

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

I too get the same response issues. I also will get something different on the screen than what I pressed. For instance, enter 1009 and before I press the number 9, recorded programs might show. I thought about the interference lighting might cause as well as rebooting the DVR. The distance the remote is from the unit is does not seem to make much difference be it 3 feet or 10, the frustrating results still happen.

I have even replaced the remote (ordered from AT&T) with no change in results.Also made sure they were new batteries in the old and new remotes when testing. My family is getting to the point they are to aggravated with the issue to watch TV,

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@gritts - First, reboot the Set top box (see above) as often that makes the IR receiver respond better/more accurately.

What kind of TV do you have?  If it's an LED pr LCD, it could be that the backlight in the TV is interfering with the remote's operation.  Lighting around the TV can also mess with the remote.  This type of interference can hinder the remote's operation.    Good luck and keep us posted!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

gritts - I believe there have been many posts on the latest model DVR with large capacity just not working right. Some have gone through thre or four before getting one to work.

There are two things you can do yourself -

To test for ambient light corruption - build a tent with a pole & blanket from your wrist to the STB to see how it works in the tunnel.

I believe the IR sensors are too sensitive. Especially the DVR - Actually, if it is the DVR, can you move it to the least used location. To mitigate the sensitivity cover the sensor (just cover the whole front) with a barely transparent material. This tape can work miracles - http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-2-in-x-150-ft-Vinyl-Electrical-Bundling-Tape-Silver-30002664/202741845. It is easy to remove & leaves no residue.

Teacher

• 

16 Messages

10 years ago

@dhascall: The box has been rebooted a number of times but that does not seem to improve the situation. The DVR is in a location (cabinet) where it is not in line of site of the TV. The TV is an LED TV. There are also no reflective surfaces the tv would be reflected off of towards the DVR.

I am familiar with this interference and that was one of the first issues I thought of. 

@aviewer: The 1225 is an older model with only 250GB drive. We have had it since signing up 4+ years ago. This is not the newer black unit but an older silver unit.

Teacher

• 

18 Messages

10 years ago

I have this problem as well. In the past, I found that fresh batteries in the remote help it respond faster. The spinning white wheel is another problem - that's because the new & improved search function searches EVERYTHING. It's a nuisance, but if you set the "Options" to title (or what you want to search for), then the search is a bit faster. Still no where near as fast as it was 2 years ago.

Mentor

• 

84 Messages

10 years ago

I also have this problem.  It would be nice if sombody at AT&T checked out the software.  When I look at System Resources mine it is always over 90% used.  It does not matter which one of my four sets I use sometimes it takes 5 seconds before there is a response to a keypress on the remote.  Have rebooted many times does not help.  I think it started after the software was upgraded to permit live tv pause from any set.

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

@Podge wrote:

I also have this problem.  It would be nice if sombody at AT&T checked out the software.  When I look at System Resources mine it is always over 90% used.  It does not matter which one of my four sets I use sometimes it takes 5 seconds before there is a response to a keypress on the remote.  Have rebooted many times does not help.  I think it started after the software was upgraded to permit live tv pause from any set.

The upgrade to allow pausing live TV on any STB was several years ago.  Have you really been having this issue that long?

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Podge wrote:

I agree the 1200 series is overtaxed for all it has to do now.  The 1225 I got recently many times takes 5 seconds for Recordings to come up after the button is pushed, especially if it's recording.

It's no better that the 1216 I got rid of cause it was so slow, feel bad the 2250 I had gotten died on me. Smiley Mad

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.