cmg4sei's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 10:26 PM

Samsung ht-f5500w

Anyone know the uverse code for the samsung HTIB HT-f5500w. I have tried all codes in the manual uverse gave me but all codes will only control the power. Tried everything under DVD and HTIB lists.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

cmg4sei - Good news for you - If you control the on/off it works. You need to do another step that is not obvious.

When the TV is programmed it is ALWAYS the volume/mute control. That is why you believe it does not work.

To change it - att/ok-955 - enter (bottom right button)

After you do this, the volume control will follow the mode button. If you insert aux between 955 & enter. The control will ALWAYS be the HT.

If you set both the TV and the HT to a mid range, you can vary either by the att mode STB (normal watching. Of course, you have to mute the TV if the HT is providing sound. You need to experiment.

Do not forget the power - Do you want the HT always on?? - att/ok - 977- att - tv - aux - enter will add it to the auto sequence.

Post if you come up with more questions.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

11 years ago

I tried everything that you had listed but I was trying it under the DVD mode button as soon as I changed to AUX button it worked perfectly.  Thanks for the help.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

cmg4sei - Glad you got it working. Thanks for letting me know. I did not notice that your device is a combination amp & dvd. I can see where that adds to the confusion. Do the DVD controls work for you on aux? I would think that the amp would work under DVD. Maybe the remote does not recognize the DVD in the crazy volume software.

You could do both mode buttons - the DVD functions under DVD and the amp functions under Aux, if you can find a code that works. The remote would not know it is one device & not two.

But, that is only if you feel like playing with it. The important thing is you made it useful, Please let me know if you do any more with the DVD button (positive or negative).

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Any way to make it so both att and tv modes control tv volume, while when set to aux mode it will control HTIB volume?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

8 years ago

@amalo95 - You have too many choices to give details & you will have to make some level of compromize, so I will not give details for them until you decide which you want to do.

If you have an old s-10 remote program it to control the STB volume. This will affect the volume heard from either the TV or AUX. Whichever is on.

Or you can program it to follow the mode button & actually control the TV & aux. In att mode it works as above.

If you have a new s-20, the first option is available, but I think the second one is not. Instead, the programming is simpler. So, you could reprogram on each use (because the programming is simpler).

If you have aux sound, you desrve a Logitech Harmony model 650 remote.

How many years have aux sound been available? I guess some folks have been using them forever. In that environment, it was reserved for special occasions. But, I think it has switched to normal viewing.

You have to add the complexity of turning one device off & the other on whenever you change which is active. Why bother. You already  paid for the aux sound - use it - always - better sound - less complex.

Just set it to always control the aux.

Many years ago I tried aux sound, but could not tell the difference from TV sound because the TVs could produce good sound.

I now have three TVS to watch (see avatar)  The Panny has great sound. The other two poor sound. So, I got a ZVOX sound bar & put each TV on an input & use the ZVOX for all sound. It lets me cycle to the TV I want to hear instead of turning one off & another on.

I realize my case is different than yours, but my point is simplicity is a feature that you should take advantage of.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.