Bfallen's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, January 18th, 2016 7:44 PM

My remote is not functioning. How do I get a replacement?

My remote control will no longer operate. I've replaced the batteries. How do I get a replacement? Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

8 years ago

@Bfallen, we're sorry about the inconvenience with your remote control. We'd be glad to help you sort this out.

Feel free to check out this post on troubleshooting your remote. If you are still experiencing issues, please provide us your 9 digit account number along with some contact details (name, phone number, address). We may need more information to be able to take any action within our systems.

Thanks,
ATTU-verseCare

Official Solution

Master

• 

5.7K Messages

12 years ago

@techbob wrote:

Following up on a couple of questions.

I believe the Kim said the remote was silver. Question for the moderators, managers, masters: What is the difference between the silver and the black remotes; and between the black S10-S1 and S10-S2 ? Are the remotes hard coded to specific STBs?

And for Kim; When I have had trouble, T

"Tier 2" support has been excellent, no matter what my issue was. You may want to request this if you call back.

Just curious where you found the model # S10-S2 for a black standard remote since it doesn't appear to be listed anywhere?

The black standard remote is listed as the S10-10 while the older model silver standard remote is a RC153. Believe they are the same but programmed differently. You can see this on your TV for remote programming instructions: Menu > Help > System Set-up > Program your U-verse Remote. The 3 listed are the silver standard remote, the black standard remote and the black Point Anywhere RF Remote (A20-RF1).

While the Silver Standard Remote was often the replacement remote I don't believe it is even offered anymore if you look at the below list of available U-verse remotes.

http://www.att.com/equipment/accessories/tv-remotes.jsp?source=ICEQEQ51600UVR02

Users should not be paying for replacement standard remotes since you can get them for free by calling CS/TS.

Remotes are not "hard coded to specific STB's". As it states in the link under the standard remote, "The Standard Remote Control is compatible with all AT&T U-verse TV Receivers.". This also includes the DVR.

Official Solution

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

12 years ago

AT&T: the remote control for one of my U-Verse Cisco boxes is failing - 'volume down' no longer works. I'm sure it's the remote that is failing. How do I get a replacement without trying to navigate your VRU and/or speaking to somebody in India? d.v.v.

Official Solution

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

12 years ago

You need to call, use the instructions in my sig and they should be able to send you one.

A work around I found is to press the TV button and then the R/L  arrows become volume control on my Panasonic plasma.  Push the ATT button and control is returned to Uverse. 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

I an an equipment rental customer from AT&T - a DVR and two receivers; plus THREE REMOTES - Silver ones.  The battery compartment door clip on all three remotes have snapped off and now the batteries fall out almost DAILY!  The sales to switch to Uverse was hard sell to compete with Brighthouse and Comcast in our area.  Both vendors would exchange broken remotes immediately - no questions asked.  After sitting on hold with Uverse rep for 30 minutes while she "processed" my new remotes, she comes back and says that I will have to go online and order them for $20 apiece!  No replacements are offered, despite the monthly equipment rental fees on my bill that require a remote to utilize.   I called my local AT&T store and same thing.  Every contact with AT&T whether it is billing, equipment, chat or technical support leaves me so frustrated.  I can't even find an address to write a complaint, or an email - just another array of voice mail prompts that lead to a loss of valuable time and an apology speech from a representative.  PLEASE HELP ME!

Guru

• 

1.1K Messages

13 years ago

Maybe the obvious question is how do you keep breaking the battery covers?  It makes sense that if you break it, you pay for it.

Former Community Manager

• 

1.8K Messages

13 years ago

Hi Kim,

I'm one of the Community Managers following-up on your post.  Sorry to hear about the ongoing trouble and your recent experience.  I would like to help, please shoot me a Private Message.

Regards,

Alex

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

Dear Alex:  Thank you for offering me a direct connection for help.  Not sure if this is a private post or not.  Please reply.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

13 years ago

There is a little plastic clip that holds the battery cover on the back of the remote control.  All three of my remotes have snapped at the clip - the plastic is very thin at this connection.  It is not a misuse issue.  Bright House and Comcast have all stood behind their "rental" products.  It doesn't seem like too much to ask from a corporation the size of AT&T.

• 

2.8K Messages

13 years ago

To send Alex a PM, please click on their username to go to their profile. On the right, you will see a box labeled Contact. Click on "Send this user a private message." Once that message is replied to, you will see a message notification next to the blue envelope on the upper right corner of your screen 🙂

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.