tomjamm's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Monday, October 29th, 2012 9:46 PM

Remote not working on Panasonic plasma

Ever since I bought the tv the remote will change to channel 8  sometimes when just pulling up menu or using volume. It also can take up to 5 min to change a channel cause the box is not receiving the signal fast enough. I have upgraded to the no point remote and still have the same issues. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tomjamm - Sounds like a bad case of IR interference. I have a similar situation.

To test it, you can build a tent/tunnel with a pole and blanket from your arm to the STB & shoot the IR signal under cover to eliminate corruption from ambient light.

I believe DVRs are more sensitive than STBs. If yours is a DVR swap it with an STB.

The point anywhere remote still relies on the standard IR receiver on the STB. You need to hide it from ambient light to prevent corruption.

You can get creative placing the STB - like behind the TV with the front pointed at the ceiling. Bounce the IR signal off the ceiling.

If you have an iphone, ipad or ipod touch - there is a new app, actually two, that have wi-fi remote for U-verse. No more IR.

I just ordered a ipad mini to use these apps, among other things.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

I'm having the same problem! Just got UVerse installed last weekend. I have a Panasonic 42" Viera Plasma. I don't have any problems with the remote in my bedroom with an old school 27" conventional TV. I can cover the front of the remote with my hand and it still works.
I'll try moving the box this weekend.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.