Ohtracyb's profile

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 12:47 AM

Remote has 15 second delay with Cisco box

This problem is increasingly worse. It's very frustrating. I've tried rebooting the box and the rouTee.  Do I just need a new cable box?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

I tried getting closer and that didn't help. But I finally disconnected it from the power source and then it started working fine. Third time rebooting.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

Check to see if there is a problem with Infra Red (IR) interference.  If you move the remote within 2 or 3 feet of the box does it get better?  If so:

• Have you recently installed any new fluorecent lights in the room with the TV.
  • Is the TV new to this room?
  • Have you tried changing the batteries in the remote?  If you have more than one remote, try using the remote from the other room to control the TV Receiver (it won't control the TV properly if the TV's are different, but you can test for a minute or two).

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

I agree that if you have an LED or LCD TV that IR interference can be bad.  That does not include the other interference types that @JefferMC discussed.  Go to google and serach for "fixing IR interference" and check the many solutions. 

If you want to verify that it could be IR interference, get as close as you can to the box and see if the changes happen faster.  You could always try cleaning the emiter or IR receiver or using tape to defract the signal but those solutions are probably mentioned via google.

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Hi and thank you everyone for the replies. I tried the remote from the bedroom and it wasn't any faster, although it works fine with the box in there.  Changed the batteries, no difference. I googled the fix and one you tube video said to put a piece of electrical tape on the box to the right of where it says record.  I tried that and it wouldn't even change channels at all. I'm at a loss.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@Ohtracyb wrote:

Hi and thank you everyone for the replies. I tried the remote from the bedroom and it wasn't any faster, although it works fine with the box in there.  Changed the batteries, no difference. I googled the fix and one you tube video said to put a piece of electrical tape on the box to the right of where it says record.  I tried that and it wouldn't even change channels at all. I'm at a loss.

Does the remote work better closer to the set top (i.e. 1-2 feet) than further away (more than 4 feet)?

Can you think of anything that changed about the time the remote started not working properly?

Master

• 

9.8K Messages

10 years ago

@Ohtracyb wrote:

I tried getting closer and that didn't help. But I finally disconnected it from the power source and then it started working fine. Third time rebooting.

COOL!  Sometimes a power source pull will work better than a regular power button reboot.  if this solved it, please mark your solution as an accepted solution, so others may see it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.