soonergirl99's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, October 14th, 2012 6:04 PM

Remote guide and info buttons have stopped working

As of this morning the "guide" and "info" buttons on our remote no longer work.  They worked fine yesterday.  I replaced the batteries.  No change.  I've attempted to reset to factory setting and reprogramming in our TV (Sanyo) and no change.  What else can I try or should I just contact AT&T for a new remote?  Thanks!

Gigi in Dallas

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

12 years ago

soonergirl99 - I think that the only variable is the att button must be active. Press the att button then guide/menu. Watch for att button to flash.
If you can change channel or chan up/down, then the only thing left is the button contacts are worn out.

Do you have only one TV? You could try another remote to see if it is the STB.

Expert

• 

23.3K Messages

12 years ago

Call TS using the phone number in my sig and request a new remote control.  They are free, so if the CSR tells you there is a charge for the remote politely end the call.  Then call back and speak to another CSR.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

12 years ago

Thanks aviewer for your response.  Holding down the "guide" button and the AT&T button at the same time corrected the problem.  Have a great Sunday!

Gigi

Scholar

• 

373 Messages

12 years ago

Once you press the AT&T Button, you should not have to press it again to use guide and info.  (Or hold them down at the same time at all).  Chances are someone accidently pressed the TV, AUX or one of the other buttons near the AT&T button, which tells the remote to go into a mode to control that device only.   Once you press AT&T, you are telling the remote to work with the AT&T Set Top Box again.  So you shouldn't need to hit AT&T again unless someone accidently pushed the wrong button again.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

I cannot get the ATT button on the remote to work at all so Guide and Menu want work and there is no sound coming from my wireless receiver.  A technician came and told me what I already knew but did not replace the receiver or remotes.  He replace the modem and took off with my back up battery pack.  What do you make of that?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.