Linda661's profile

Scholar

• 

247 Messages

Sunday, January 4th, 2015 4:31 PM

Remote control won't control the tv volume

The old remote used to control the tv volume and then it stopped.  I've tried everything.  The remote setup according to the DVR and the 955 thing.  I even bought a new remote control.  It's upsetting because the DVR volume is inadequate.  That's upsetting too.  It's always been too low.  The volume issue needs to be higher up on the priority list.

Does anyone one have any other tricks for getting the remote control to control the tv volume?

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

still no volume

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I had the same problem.  Additionally, the TV remote stopped working also.  I unplugged the TV (VIZIO) for about 15 seconds, plugged it back in, powered up the TV and everything works as it is supposed to. 

• 

3 Messages

3 years ago

I had the same problem. Remote worked flawlessly for months. Suddenly not working, so I changed the batteries, and then I erased the remote and repaired it. Still not working.... So I went to preferences, system, remotes and devices, program your remote, TV. here I noticed that my tv was identified as a Sony, however the tv is a Samsung. I changed this to Samsung and all was working again. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.