keilau02's profile

Teacher

• 

28 Messages

Friday, January 17th, 2014 2:49 AM

Remote Code for Marantz NR1602 A/V Receiver

I use a AT&T u-verse standard black remote control. I was able to program it with remote code 6008.

Both on/off and volume control work. I have not try other functions yet.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

krakieo - The reason the remote is not controlling the Marantz is that it was designed to make it automatic for the average user & is not obvious to someone who needs something different.

When the TV is programmed on the remote it will ALWAYS be the sound variable. To change it you need to reprogram another step after the AUX button has the right code for the Marantz.

Program - att/OK - 955 - ENTER (bottom right).

This will change the volume control to follow the mode button. So, you can press TV when you want TV control & AUX when you want Marantz.

Or, You can insert AUX between 955 & ENTER to ALWAYS control the Marantz.

Or, while you are in att mode, set the STB volume to 15. Then set the TV volume to a comfortable level & the Marantz to a comfortable level.

With that setup, while you watch in ATT mode, the volume button will vary the STB & you will hear the difference from either the TV speakers or the ones connected to the Marantz. Whichever is active.

Former Employee

• 

4.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hello, keilau02!

Thanks for your post. It sounds like you were successful in programming your remote. Do you still need more helpful information?

If so, simply click on the link below.

U-verse Remote Control Help

Let me know if that helps!

-Mariana

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

i have the same exact issue with Marantz NR1402 - the only remote code that worked was 6008 - AUX button on AT&T remote will turn NR1402 on and off but won't adjust the volume on the NR1402 - instead it keeps trying to adjust the volume on the TV even when it's AUX mode

- H E L P!!!!!

by the way, i just swited over from DISH Network and the DISH remote had no problem linking with my NR1402

another note - the "automatic" method of pressing the button on the remote over and over until the NR1402 turns of, yeilded no results

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

thanks for getting back to me on this aviewer!

before i try , i'm just confused about the word 'program" in the instructions

Program - att/OK - 955 - ENTER (bottom right)

there's no button on the remote that says "program" and i don't see that option on the tv

and also - att/OK - does that mean press both of those simultaniously?

thanks!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Program is short for the programming is -

Yes, att/ok is both buttons simultaneously.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

never mind now aveiwer - it works - you are a GENIUS!!  thanks you so much!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.