Bstrickland's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, June 8th, 2014 2:38 PM

Reconnect Surround Sound via remote??? HELP

Our surround sound isnt working again right now we only have sound from the TV we believe one of the kids may have pushed a series of wrong buttons on the AT&T U-Verse remote causing the system to no longer recognize our Denon surround sound.   We have had this problem before and called Geek Squad  8-10 minutes and $200 later the fix was a combination of buttons on the AT&T remote but of course we can't remember the combination to fix it. 

Does anyone one have any idea how we can resolve this without calling Geek Squad again?  

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Bstrickland - Turn on the u-verse box, the TV and the Denon & make sure the Denon is on the right input by whatever way you can. Do you hear sound?

If not Menu - options - Audio.lang Options - audio lang - make sure it is on english
then - Menu - options - Audio.lang Options - digital audio output try stereo & Surround.

Or is it just that the denon is not included in the power on? - Push power on * watch mode lights on remote to see aux light.

Or, is it just the u-verse vol button is not controlling the Dennon? Is that how you had it set?

Or, did the Dennon accidentally become muted? Un-mute it it with the Dennon remote.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

We need to change from 2 channel to 4 channel surround sound

Belinda [Edited for privacy.]
Sent from my iPad

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks he did remember that it needs to be changed from 2 channels to 4 channels and geek squad changed it using the AT& T remote....

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

That would be the second sentence in the second paragraph of my previous post.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks but when we are at the path there is no option to change to 4 channel surround sound!  I looked at all your options before responded I'm not stupid 

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

10 years ago

@Bstrickland wrote:

Thanks but when we are at the path there is no option to change to 4 channel surround sound!  I looked at all your options before responded I'm not stupid 

Stereo = 2 channel; surround = 4, 5, or 5.1, etc.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.