Helpful Links

Reconnect Surround Sound via remote??? HELP

Highlighted

Reconnect Surround Sound via remote??? HELP

Our surround sound isnt working again right now we only have sound from the TV we believe one of the kids may have pushed a series of wrong buttons on the AT&T U-Verse remote causing the system to no longer recognize our Denon surround sound.   We have had this problem before and called Geek Squad  8-10 minutes and $200 later the fix was a combination of buttons on the AT&T remote but of course we can't remember the combination to fix it. 

Does anyone one have any idea how we can resolve this without calling Geek Squad again?  

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Expert

Re: Reconnect Surround Sound via remote??? HELP

Bstrickland - Turn on the u-verse box, the TV and the Denon & make sure the Denon is on the right input by whatever way you can. Do you hear sound?

If not Menu - options - Audio.lang Options - audio lang - make sure it is on english
then - Menu - options - Audio.lang Options - digital audio output try stereo & Surround.

Or is it just that the denon is not included in the power on? - Push power on * watch mode lights on remote to see aux light.

Or, is it just the u-verse vol button is not controlling the Dennon? Is that how you had it set?

Or, did the Dennon accidentally become muted? Un-mute it it with the Dennon remote.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7

We need to change from 2 channel to 4 channel surround sound

Belinda [Edited for privacy.]
Sent from my iPad

Message 3 of 7

Thanks he did remember that it needs to be changed from 2 channels to 4 channels and geek squad changed it using the AT& T remote....

Message 4 of 7
ACE - Expert

That would be the second sentence in the second paragraph of my previous post.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 7

Thanks but when we are at the path there is no option to change to 4 channel surround sound!  I looked at all your options before responded I'm not stupid 

Message 6 of 7
ACE - Expert

Bstrickland wrote:

Thanks but when we are at the path there is no option to change to 4 channel surround sound!  I looked at all your options before responded I'm not stupid 

Stereo = 2 channel; surround = 4, 5, or 5.1, etc.

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Getting U-verse? Great! Welcome to the family!
Check out our articles below regarding your Install, Your Appointment, Bill, and other features!

Additional Support