agschmidt's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Tuesday, July 3rd, 2018 8:23 PM

Out of DVR boxes?

Technician came to install Fiber and Uverse today and first thing he said was "we have good news and bad news. good news is that internet is no problem, bad news is that we are totally out of DVR boxes so we can't get your uverse done today." so i asked how long it would be before they got boxes available and he had no idea. I also called the 800 number and no one could give me even a time frame for how long it would be...a day? a week? a month? It's also frustrating because I paid $40 for an extra wireless receiver for a separate room and they didn't give me that either because he said it wouldn't work without the DVR box connected in the main room...so...no TV now at all (and also today the uverse app is down according to lots of folks on here and my own trying to make it work - after it worked for me yesterday). internet works, but no tv and no one can tell me when the DVR boxes will be available (this is Atlanta area - anyone else have this problem?!) Seems crazy to me that they can't give me a timeframe for when they will have DVR boxes.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

Uverse or DirecTV?  Uverse receivers are $10 a month so I don't where the $40 came from.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

U-verse. I had to pay $40 one time fee to get the wireless receiver. 

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

You keep referring to DVRs (multiple).  With Uverse you only have ON DVR.

ETA:  Apparently the latest promos have you paying a one time fee and then they roll the monthly lease fee into the cost.  Once your contract is up (12 mo.?) there will be an additional monthly fee unless you can renegotiate.  Just don't want you surprised at the end of your contract.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

I know I have to pay monthly and I know only one is a DVR. They said they are out of DVR boxes, but I also paid $40 one time fee to get a WIRELESS (that was extra as opposed to just a wired box) extra receiver for a different TV. I didn’t receive either today and no one could tell me when they will be available. 

Guru

• 

462 Messages

6 years ago

From what I head that ther is a shortage of dvr boxes and still waiting for the manufacturer to fullfill the order and no info as well when it will be resolved but they are slowly completing order shortage.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Also out in TN with no idea when they’ll be in. Could be a month or longer. Beyond frustrating. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I'm in the same situation.  They sent another tech to my place this past Saturday to give me the DVR receiver and that technician said she has no clue why the business office tells customers they have them in stock.  The technician says it could be anywhere from 6 months- 1 year before we get them.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

We had a new install at our new home on Sat July 26, and requested a new DVR- never said a word about a shortage.  Come Monday, when we had a chance to actually watch recordings the DVR had a gear and then a red X showing.  The support people scheduled a tech to bring us a replacement on Thursday...he showed up with no box and no clue.  So I spent over an hour on the phone trying to work this out.  Are they now doing no new installations due to the shortage?  Not making a lot of sense. Get it together AT&T we are shopping a new provider.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.