02-16-2012 10:33 AM
I know there are a lot of threads out there seeking remote codes for Sylvania/Funai TVs. Here is another one. My TV was manufactured in 2008 or 2009 -- a 22 inch model called the LC225SL9. Just got U-Verse last weekend. Newest version of standard remote control. I have tried all of the codes in the list for Sylvania and Funai -- no luck. Also saw a thread saying to try 1464 and 1141. No luck. Ideas? Do any universal remotes work with the U-V STB? This is frustrating. Thanks for any help for this new user.
Solved! Go to Solution.
02-16-2012 11:02 AM
02-16-2012 12:58 PM
02-16-2012 1:09 PM
02-16-2012 1:19 PM
02-17-2012 9:58 AM
Didn't see this thread before I tried to get one of these TVs to work with a Comcast Silver remote ... and failed.
If your TV (Sylvania, Symphonic, Funai, etc.) remote looks like this:
... it won't work with any of the Uverse or cable remotes (Comcast, Time Warner, Cox, Bright House, Cablevision...). Funai has proprietary coding used with those TVs.
But ... file this away for future use ... you CAN get a replacement for about $12-13 on Amazon. Or, *hint hint* get one now just in case, before they end up being a relic. Unless one of those Harmony models can do everything the OEM one can, and you've got one of those.
02-17-2012 10:28 AM
02-17-2012 10:33 AM
Yes, that is exactly the same unit. Believe it or not, I checked the database of supported remotes at Logitech's Harmony website, and the Harmony remotes supposedly will work all functions of that remote, and my Blu-ray player's remote, and the U-verse box remote too. Also operates the TV and Blu-ray in my living room and my U-Verse DVR. So I ordered two of them on Amazon last night.
08-23-2013 2:06 AM
After 4 years of using 2 remotes I finally became obsessed to get my Cable remote to control my Slyvania LCD TV. Yes it is true Slyvania will not release their codes to the Cable companies. Anyway, here is the answer to yuor problem:
1) Using the "Auto Search" function on your Cable Remote, prepare the remote to "accept" codes (i.e. select the OK and TV button simultaneously)
2) The instructions will tell you to keep depressing the CH button up or down and the Cable remote will send out a code each time you depress the CH button. When the correct code is sent by the Cable remote, the TV will turn off.
3) The problem lies with this process. The Slyvania code for the Cable remote is so far embedded in the Cable remote codes you'll never get it to take.
4) This is were my persistence paid off.
I FINALLY GOT THE REMOTE TO ACCEPT THE SLYVANIA TV BY DEPRESSING AND HOLDING THE CH BUTTON DOWN FOR OVER 2 MINUTES AND 45 SECONDS. YOU MUST CONTINUALLY HOLD THE CH BUTTON DOWN AND HOLD IT DOWN FOR OVER 2:45 AND THE TV WILL FINALLY TURN OFF.
5) I had to get a stopwatch to figure out how long because the remote kept sending additional codes when I let go of the CH button once the TV turned off. So what I did (my remote took exactly 2 minutes and 52 seconds to turn off the TV) is I continually held down the CH button for 2 minutes and 45 seconds and then I released it and depressed the CH button individually (rather than keep holding it down). Shortly thereafter the TV turned off, I pushed the Power button and the Cable Remote was in control. So in short
Hold down the CH button continually in the Auto Search mode for approx 2 minutes 45 seconds
then begin to depress the CH one at a time and the TV will turn off
then push the power button to turn the TV back on
08-23-2013 5:01 AM
08-23-2013 5:32 AM
I would like to thank everyone for taking the time to post your comments and opinions related to this topic. This topic has been thoroughly discussed and will now be closed.
Getting U-verse? Great! Welcome to the family! Check out our articles below regarding your Install, Your Appointment, Bill, and other features!