Joywray's profile

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

Saturday, April 11th, 2015 3:48 PM

New S20 remote Works tv sound but not wireless receiver.

Volume is half of what is should be.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

If the S20 remote is not doing att activities, you will not  be able to use it. If it is working the sound programming is on the manual in the link in my original post.

If you have an s10 remote, the programming is att/ok - 955 - enter.

This will have the vol control follow the mode button. With the att button active press the vol up button & see what number is on the screen.

TO return to TV vol att/ok - 955 - TV - enter

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@rpiiat- RE: This solution dores NOT address show to check the wireless receiver volume when the remote is a S20!!

Well, yes and no. I always used to like to be very specific in my responses - not making a reference without adding a specific -  for two reasons -

The actual answer may not be obvious in the reference

The OP just wants the answer

From tiime to time I would think - this is the millionth time I have posted this ( @beckyww) . But, I would still answer uniquely.

When I saw the s-20 directions, I changed that thinking because they seemed well produced & were not designed for copy/paste. So, I started just providing the reference. This particular thread did have two jumps. First, you had to find my OP, then the reference, then the specific programming.

From now on I will use the snapshot to include the exact answer in my post. Please post if you have a question -

Screen Shot 2015-09-24 at 1.35.16 PM.png

Note that the STB remote is selected via the green button. Do it again with one of the other buttons to return to your original method.

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

It does sound like you have a defective remote. The only thing you can try is fresh batteries. Was the power blocking tab in place when you received it or were the batteries not in the remote?

There does NOT appear to be a mode selection that would block controlling the att functions.

The volume is not a function of the remote. It is a function of the STB  & TV & sound bar.

Make sure the STB is set at 25. If you were previously using the 955 work around it may be set to 15.

But, how do you know it is too low? If it worked before, it should still be the same. Unless,  the STB got lowered when using the S20 remote.

THe S20 remote is programmed differently than the S10 - http://www.att.com/media/att/2014/support/pdf/S-20_U-verse_remote_user_guide.pdf

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

STB?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

STB = Set top Box aka wireless receiver

Tutor

• 

10 Messages

9 years ago

How do I check volume on the box? I realize the box goes to 25. My tv goes to 50. The Remote is controlling the tv level, not the box level. I don't know how to get it to use the stb volume

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

This solution dores NOT addres show to check the wireless receiver volume when the remote is a S20!! If the wireless receiver was set to say 20, and then you set the S20 remote to control an audio device, there appears to be no way to check what volume the wireless receiver is set.

I had to replace my wireless receiver. I found the S20 remote controlling the volume as indicated by an on-screen display showing 0 to 25. I do NOT know what level I left the Wireless receiver at before I set the S20 remote to control my Audio receiver. Now the receiver needs to be at a much higher volume steeing tan it needed with the old wireless receiver.

Both the old and new wireless receivers are Cisco model ISB7005.

Please provide instruction as to how to check the wireless receiver volume and/or how to have the S20 remote again control the wireless receiver so that the wireless receiver may be set to maximum (25). And then when the S20 remote is set to control the volume of an audio device, the wireless receiver will NOT be attenuating the volume.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Thank you. I did not find that information in a search. With this info, I was able to set the STB to max volume, and when I set the S20 remote to "Audio" the audio receiver responds as it did with the old wireless receiver.

Thanks again.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

@rpiiat - Thanks for closing the loop. You add another reason for being specific in a post ( as opposed to rering to another link) - the words are necessary to be found by a search.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

8 years ago

Thank you for an excellent and infomative post!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.