gmsuv's profile

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

Monday, October 8th, 2012 12:15 PM

Need Uverse remote code for JVC-5060B Receiver

Newbie with Uverse and cannot get remote to work with surround sound receiver.  Need code to operate with remote.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

gmsuv - Yes, yes, yes.
Two layers of programming activity & device.
Under activity you program each button for anything that makes sense for that activity across all devices (buttons control any device you specify).

Under device you generally program only for one device, but do not have to. LIke you would probably want menu & info to apply to TV, STB, HT independently. But, if you want it to apply to a different device it can.

The activity layer is unlike any other remote you have ever usedI, not easily appreciated until you have experienced it.

The great thing is you take 20 minutes to program it. Use it for a while. Have a light bulb moment about a button or two. Take five minutes to tune only that button to do it the way you just thought of.

I think people with HT or DVD really need multiple activities. I do not have either & use just one activity. But, there is another feature I do use - There are IR signals for direct acces to inputs (vs. menu selection) So I have prominent buttons programmed to access HDMI1(STB) and HDMI2( computer) on my TV. One button push changes from watch u-verse to surf the web & vice versa.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

gmsuv - Lots of codes for JVC - 2035 2067 2177 2217,8 2252,3,5,6 2283 4002 4013,4 4018 4028 4034 4048,9 4050,1 5004 5010 5031,2 5057-9 5073 5086-92 5101,3,4 5116 5124,5 5135-7 6018 6024 6041

Also. try search method.
Also, see this string - http://forums.att.com/t5/Remote-Controls/Samsung-HW-E450-remote-codes/m-p/3323493#M1722

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

11 years ago

W

Thanks for the reply

I was able to program the remote to operate the receiver by using the 4018 code and  I checked various other codes and they all seemed to turn on and off the receiver but I was not able to volume up or down with any of the of the codes that did work.  Any other ideas?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

gmsuv - The reason you cannot control the volume is that the default is to ALWAYS control the TV volume. You need to change it with code 955. att/ok - 955- (the mode button that you want to always control the volume) - enter button.

If you leave off the button press in parens, the volume control will follow the active mode button when watching.

Also, you want to turn it on all the time??

The power code is 977. att/ok- 977- (each mode button you want to auto on/off) - enter button.

For better flexibility with the receiver, consider a LOgitech Harmony remote.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

11 years ago

With my cable company remote I was able to power off/on and control the volume when it was programmed to the aux button.  I didn't have to do anything but turn on the tv with the power button, push the aux. button and start watching an action flick in surround sound.  Then when I was finished I'd push the tv button on the remote and the volume would be supplied by the tv.

What  I was questioning can I do this with the remote supplied by AT&T?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

gmsuv - I believe the answer is no - For volume you have two choices - Select one device (STB, TV, AUX) to always vary volume or select volume device while watching based on last mode button pushed.

The only power control is the single power button. Again two choices - Multiple devices or only the one for the last mode button pushed (i.e. 5/6 button pushes for three devices - att/pwr, tv/pwr, aux/pwr. Mode buttons only select - they do not transmit IR.

So, you can have flexibility, but you need to push a lot of buttons to watch it.

For more efficient flexibility you need a Logitech Harmony model 600, 650, 700 or more.

They have multiple activities. You can program an activity button for Watch U-verse that turns on U-verse STB & TV & sets correct input on TV & Volume buttons control TV.

Program another activity button as watch U-verse with HT sound to turn on STB/TV/HT. May be a different input on TV. The same volume control buttons now control the HT.

You can have more activities - Watch OTA, Watch DVD - each with/without HT. Until you use up the max number of activities for that model remote. The buttons automatically change to match the activity (e.g. For Watch OTA the chan/vol - all buttons are for the TV).

You can also hit the device mode button, select a device & the buttons control that device

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

11 years ago

Ok! lets I go with the Logitech 600.  You say that I can control on & off,  volume, and channel selection in the tv mode. I can control on & off and volume control in the aux mode. But will I be able to use the guide function and the menu function to set dvr shows?

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

11 years ago

Came accoss a fix that I was wondering about.  After I programmed the tv code I found a code for my receiver by using the fast forward button.  Then found this about "setting up volume control for the devive selected". 

1.  Press and hold AT&T key on the remote

2.  Without releasing the  AT&T key, press and hold the OK button 

3.  Release both keys and all the mode kets will flash

4.  Enter 955 code and the AT&T will flash twiceindicating a correct entry

5.  Press the enter key

Now you'll be able to controll on/off and volume of the l tv, dvd, and aux (surround sound receiver)

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

gmsuv - What is it that you are wondering about? If that satisfies your needs, it is good for you. Others may want the volume device to be more transparent.

This is what I suggested on 10/08.

Note that 955 is for volume only. You need to do a similar thing with 977 to have a similar operation with the on/off.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

11 years ago

I don't , understand.  

The way I have my remote programmed is:

I can power on/off and volume control the tv with power/ tv button.  

I can power on/off and volume control the surround sound receiver with power/ aux button.

I can power on/off the stb by pushing the power/ AT&T button. 

Isn't that the original question that I asked?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.