jamarek00's profile

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 3:56 AM

My remote volume still controls the receiver volume....

My remote volume still controls the receiver volume even after I successfully program my remote using the tv mode.  How do I program the remote so that do not have to switch the remote modes back and forth from "att" and "tv"?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

11 years ago

If you want the TV volume to be controlled by the volume keys, regardless of what mode the remote is in, do this:

1. Press and hold the AT&T button on the remote.
  2. Press the OK button and release it and the AT&T button at the same time. All the universal lights will flash twice.
  3. Type 955. The AT&T button will flash twice.
  4. Press the TV button. The TV button will flash twice.
  5. Press the AT&T button

Teacher

• 

7 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks, I followed your instructions step by step and it worked perfectly!  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I did the same fix, but in reverse order. I wanted my volume button on the remote to control the home theater receiver volume. It worked flawlessly...

thanks much,

Ken

Mentor

• 

72 Messages

10 years ago

Ken, can you explain to me what you did to get the uverse remote to control the AVR volume?

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

10 years ago

In my instructions a few posts up, you are instructed to push the TV button at step 4.  Instead of pushing TV, push one of the other three buttons: This will make the remote always send the volume control for that device. 

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

7 years ago

Can you advise how to do this with the S30 remote control as there is no "at&t" button?? I've seen the posts to set volume to the receiver, tv, or surround sound; but can't find how to reprogram such as you've posted with my remote. Merely trying to set volume thru my tv or SS, it does NOT work! It's a new remote & it's always worked until today. Help would be appreciated!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This didn't work for me. Here's a link to AT&T's instructions. You also have to use the ENTER key in one of the steps.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

This didn't work for me. Attached is a link to AT&T's instructions. You also have to use the ENTER key in one of the steps. https://www.att.com/u-verse-welcome/m/en/tv/remotes/remote-settings.html

• 

2 Messages

how to set it where it controls the volume for the current device selected

(edited)

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

@Stevehoff Most (if not all) newly distributed remotes no longer have a device selection button. With them it is no longer possible to select which device a button is assigned to work with.

[ Be advised that you've posted on a community forum primarily peopled by other customers.  I am not an AT&T Employee.  An AT&T Customer Support rep may or may not ever reply to your post. ]

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

• 

2 Messages

@JefferMC o thanks, i see now that u are talking about S30. I'm still using S10-s3

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

If you have the device buttons, then you can follow the process above to select which device's commands should be sent when you press the volume button.

[ Be advised that you've posted on a community forum primarily peopled by other customers.  I am not an AT&T Employee.  An AT&T Customer Support rep may or may not ever reply to your post. ]

Award for Community Excellence Achiever*
*I am not an AT&T employee, and the views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.