My remote volume still controls the receiver volume....

Teacher

My remote volume still controls the receiver volume....

My remote volume still controls the receiver volume even after I successfully program my remote using the tv mode.  How do I program the remote so that do not have to switch the remote modes back and forth from "att" and "tv"?

Message 1 of 6 (24,023 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by Anonymous
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: My remote volume still controls the receiver volume....

If you want the TV volume to be controlled by the volume keys, regardless of what mode the remote is in, do this:

1. Press and hold the AT&T button on the remote.
  2. Press the OK button and release it and the AT&T button at the same time. All the universal lights will flash twice.
  3. Type 955. The AT&T button will flash twice.
  4. Press the TV button. The TV button will flash twice.
  5. Press the AT&T button
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (24,023 Views)
Teacher

Thanks, I followed your instructions step by step and it worked perfectly!  Thanks! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6 (24,023 Views)
Contributor

I did the same fix, but in reverse order. I wanted my volume button on the remote to control the home theater receiver volume. It worked flawlessly...

thanks much,

Ken

Message 4 of 6 (23,293 Views)
Tutor

Ken, can you explain to me what you did to get the uverse remote to control the AVR volume?
Message 5 of 6 (22,907 Views)
ACE - Expert

In my instructions a few posts up, you are instructed to push the TV button at step 4.  Instead of pushing TV, push one of the other three buttons: This will make the remote always send the volume control for that device. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6 (22,877 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.