wolfsong442's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, June 16th, 2011 2:06 AM

Memorex TV help?

I finally got the silver Uverse remote to work with my memorex TV using the auto code function. The only problem is that I can't turn the volume up with the remote. Pressing the volume up button on the U-verse remote causes the TV's menu screen to come up. Everything else works seamlessly. It's just, the volume up button not working is a big thing for me. Is there something I can do to make it work? I have tried all five codes for Memorex TVs on the set up code list, are there more codes out there?

Thanks for any help you could give me. 🙂

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

I see that the 5 codes listed on the web site are the same 5 codes on the paper directions.

You can change the operation of the volume so that it affects the STB volume instead of the TV. Leave the TV at a fixed amount & vary the STB. Works the same - no difference for TV watching.

att/ok enter 955 then att key  - att key flashes three times (volume always device just programmed[att])

If you do att/ok 955 then enter key -  volume control will be based on the device selected while watching.

For watching TV, these two are the same because you watch with the att key in control.

If you need control of more activities, check out Loitech Harmony remotes -

model 300 is almost direct replacement - $40 list  - often on sale at Radio Shack for $30.

Model 700 - more activities - lcd screen - recharchable (good if you are always fast forwarding recordings) - Just saw $90 at Costco.

Go to logitech website to verify support of your Memorex model.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

13 years ago

That works! I couldn't figure out how to make it so I could turn the volume up on the cable box.

Thanks for helping me!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

13 years ago

Your welcome - glad to get it working for you.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.