For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
TheODells's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, June 14th, 2017 2:47 PM

Longer Cable for UVerse Connection

We would like a longer cable between the wall jack and our Pace 5268AC gateway. Can someone tell us where we can purchase pre-made Cat5e cables with TRS-6L connectors? Thx

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Oh that's what you're talking about!

That is just a RG-6 coax cable with male RF connectors on the end.  They too can be bought in many places like monoprice (link to their coax), hardware stores, big box stores like Best Buy.  You can also get RF couplers to extend existing cables (shown on that same monoprice page).

But I have to ask.  What are you using that for?  Hooking TV's (again through it's female F connector in the back of the TV) directly to the gateway through that?  If so I wasn't even aware that would work.  And even if it does it's not going to be the best quality.  It's analog.  You really should be connecting to the tv to the dvr via hdmi and dvr to gateway with cat5.  For other tv's use wireless receivers connected to tv's via hdmi. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Are you talking about the cable between your outside connection and the green dls/broadband port on the back of your 5268?  The 5268 jack is just a RJ11 telephone jack.  I assume that's what you also have coming out of your wall.  So just buy a telephone cable.  They are sold almost everywhere in various lengths.  It works for me for my NVG599.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

Most RJ11 terminated cables are not rated for Cat5e and the frequency ranges used by VDSL2.  Very short ones may work, but the longer this cable gets, the more it needs to be honest to goodness twisted pair.  They can be found online.  I posted a link to some a week or two ago.  If you can't find any, reply and I'll try to repost.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Well, all I know is for a 24M at least my 15'-25' telephone cable works.  I forget its exact length, it's been rolled up under my desk since the 90's for an ISDN connection I had back then - never thought I would use it again but never removed it either. Man Happy

At any rate a good place for cables and connectors is monoprice.com.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

It's actually the cable connecting to the Cable Line input on the back of the Pace 5268AC that we are wanting to lengthen.  

[IMG]http://i67.tinypic.com/2ljp404.jpg[/IMG]

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

7 years ago

_xyzzy_

There are 3 cables between the wall jacks & the gateway - cable, DSL, & phone. From the gateway is a cable to a WPS. All TVs are wireless.

Thank you very much for the info on the cable. I knew it wasn't that hard to solve but hardware is not my forte.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.1K Messages

7 years ago

Not all of your U-verse TV's can be wireless; One has to be wired (the DVR must be wired).  It can be Coax or Ethernet connected.  Looks like yours is Coax.  This Coax does not carry your typical broadcast CATV signal, but instead the HPNA protocol is spoken over it.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.