For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
JaNo53's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Friday, January 9th, 2015 10:47 PM

Volume trouble

I just bundled my tv and internet.  I am having difficulty with my volume control. 
Any suggestions?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

It has been a long time since anyone has reported a phantom STB mute. But, it sounds like that is what you have. Your STB has gone mute. To unmute -

att/ok (together) - 955 - enter (bottom right)

THen press the att button

vol or mute should unmute the STB . TV display is a number.

YOu can press TV button to see the vol/mute button change TV volume.

To return to normal - att/ok-955-TV-enter.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Please describe the difficulty more specifically,

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

When I point the ATT remote at my reciever the volume bar will go up and down per my directions on the volume button.  The volume never changes unless I manually go to the volume knob and manually change it myself.  All cords are attached.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

9 years ago

Seems to have solved the problem.  Thank you for your help.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

YW - The phantom mute is caused by IR corruption. Somehow a button you press sends IR that gets distorted into an STB mute.

It may never happen again. Or, it may happen frequently.

If it is frequent, you could do the first step again & leave it like that. Set the STB volume to 15. Set the TV volume to a comfortable level. When watching you will vary the  STB sound level.

Then if it goes mute you can restore function with one button click - either mute or vol up/down.

Another thing you can try is blocking the IR sensor on the u-verse box. Lay a sheet of newspaper on it so it covers the front & see if the remote still works. This tape accomplished the job very well -  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Commercial-Electric-2-in-x-150-ft-Vinyl-Electrical-Bundling-Tape-Silver-30002664/202741845#specifications

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

This situation applies to all my TV's .  I hope I can explain this correctly.

Listening volume is good for all HD channels but all SD channels have no loudness at all. The set top box audio setting is set to surround even though I have no home theater reciever connected. If I change the setting to stereo I then have good volume for all SD channels and no volume in the HD channel range.   

If it makes any difference I have U300 level TV service.  Why can I not have acceptable volume loudness with both HD & SD channels?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

This situation applies to all my TV's .  I hope I can explain this correctly.

Listening volume is good for all HD channels but all SD channels have no loudness at all. The set top box audio setting is set to surround even though I have no home theater reciever connected. If I change the setting to stereo I then have good volume for all SD channels and no volume in the HD channel range.   

If it makes any difference I have U300 level TV service.  Why can I not have acceptable volume loudness with both HD & SD channels?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.