For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
twentw's profile

Scholar

• 

180 Messages

Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 9:38 PM

Is there UVerse internet without TV?

The apartment where my mother is moving has a wallplate that says AT&T Broadband (picture attached).  I called up AT&T to see what it is, and the agent said it was for UVerse internet only.  He then proceeded to try to sell me DirectTV.  I've had UVerse to 10 years and I've never heard of a connection that is internet only with no TV.  What's the story here?

File_0002.jpeg

1 Attachment

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

There are areas where U-verse TV is not available and this is why they're pushing Directv. 

Scholar

• 

180 Messages

7 years ago

But if there is already UVerse wiring there, wouldn't I be able to get both internet and TV?

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

7 years ago

https://www.att.com/shop/unified/availability.html

Enter the address in above, should tell you what service(s) are available....

Uverse has about 33 million addresses where the triple play services are offered, and another 24 million addresses where Uverse internet/VoIP services are available (no IPTV).

The jack pictured is an ATT branded jack, should only be installed on VDSL (video) connections.

ADSL2+ connections should have a standard wall plate or biscuit.

However, some techs will install the Branded Jack on the wrong circuit, so while the odds are good (greater than 95%) that Uverse TV should be available where that jack is located, there is a possibility that either all ports full thus have to fall back to ADSL2+ circuit or the jack was incorrectly installed.

Scholar

• 

180 Messages

7 years ago

I entered the address on the webpage and it only gave me an option for DirecTV. So I'm not sure what to think.

ACE - Expert

• 

35.2K Messages

7 years ago

That would seem to indicate that U-verse TV is not available there.

You can send a Private Message tto @ATTU-verseCare and ask them to open an Address Validation Case for your address.  It usually takes a few weeks for that to complete.

Former Employee

• 

22.3K Messages

7 years ago

When you enter the address, what is the best internet speed available?

If lower speed (.75, 1.5, 3, 6, 12) then ADSL2+ circuit, no TV service option as not enough bandwidth.

If 45 or 75, this is VDSL circuit and definitely would have Uverse TV as an option.

The gray area, 18 or 24.... This could be either, for short loop ADSL2+ could have single pair 18 or bonded pair 24...

The VDSL circuit would also have these speeds available as single or bonded pair on 25M or 32M profiles.

Edit: when you use the address checker, will default to DirecTv, under the TV icon, is there a filter by option?

If, yes will be able to choose Uverse or DirecTv to see available offers.

Scholar

• 

180 Messages

7 years ago

The only internet option I get on the webpage is 6Mbps.

Professor

• 

1.9K Messages

7 years ago

@twentw, that means U-verse TV is not available. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.