jacksheehaniii's profile

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 12th, 2013 8:50 PM

I cant get the volume on my samsung dvd/surround system to function with the uverse remote

the only thing working is the power with my new s4 remote the old s3 remote controlled everything on the dvd/surround system...pLease help

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jacksheehaniii - Probably the problem is the default setting, when a TV is programmed, the volume control is ALWAYS TV. To change it -
programming button presses - att/ok (simultaneously) - 955-enter (bottom right) With this setting the volume/mute control follows the mode button.

If you use the surround only sometimes, you could leave the TV & the surround in a comfortable mid level & while you watch in att mode, you vary the STB volume. First set the STB volume to mid range, then the TV, then the surround. While watching, with the att button active the volume will vary whichever sound source you are using.

If you use the surround all the time you can program the control as ALWAYS surround - att/ok-955-aux-enter.

Likewise, if you use surround sometimes , you can turn it on only when you want to by pushing the mode button first. Or, turn it on all the time with the following program - att/ok-977-att-tv-aux-enter.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

OK I was able to get the remote to program the surround system volume only. No she is asking if there is a way to get the remote to control the volume through the surround and then not have to switch bak to the cable box(att) button to change the uverse channels.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jacksheehaniii - Yes, att/ok-955-aux-enter will set the remote to control the SS volume when the in the att mode (& the TV mode, as well).

You have to watch in att mode to get the menu/guide/change channels etc.

The first recommendation also allows staying in the att mode. It does vary the STB volume, which feeds the SS. You cannot tell which is being varied.

Varying TV or SS volume is a default mode that people can understand. With this you want the STB volume to be at max (although if you get enough volume out of the TV, you do not have to to do that.

If you set the STB volume at 15 & set the SS volume at a comfortable level. While watching in the att mode the volume will go up or down as needed when the volume button is activated. Instead of trying to think which one is changing just accept that it is changing to suit your comfort level.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

after holding att/ok the lights all flash then i hit 955 and it changes the
channel to 955

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

jacksheehaniii - Well, that is not a good thing.

You could call for a new remote because att/ok should put the remote in a mode that does not transmit the IR for 955. THe blinking lights indicate it should work. Perhaps one of the buttons is not making contact. Do not go for it if they want payment. You can get them for free.

You could try doing the program in another room or just continue (ignoring the TV) to see if it works.

You can reset the remote with att/ok-- 900, That could have the same problem. It will cause you to have to reprogram the TV into the remote.

A new remote is probably the best course of action.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

I just spent an inordinate amount of time on at&t's regular help pages looking for a solution to this very problem. They finally recommended joining these forums. It took longer to register than it did to find this answer, which was exactly what I was looking for, and it didn't even take long to register. Thank you for posting this answer.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.