For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
jaxjason's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, February 8th, 2017 2:44 AM

I can't find my WAP, yes you heard me.....

I lost Uverse service about a month ago.  2 wired receivers, 2 wireless, internet, all gone.  Phone support said get a new modem.  Received it and "installed", aka,   plugged everything in exactly as before; still no service.  Turns out someone turned off the junction box on our street by accident and we are the only ones on the street with AT&T, so we were the only ones complaining.  Junction box was turned back on, service restored, EXCEPT, the wireless receivers won't connect.  TVs with wireless show the 'Set up screen'.  This may sound silly, but I can't find the WAP referenced in the on-screen instructions.  Phone support said I should have one connected into the modem/Gateway...nope.  There's no unplugged thing resembling a WAP plugged into any of my wired receivers....have someone coming Saturday, but kinda venting here because I can't figure this out on my own and we've only been customers for a couple months and the experience has been horrible...wishing I would have stayed with Xfinity at this point.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

So, here is the link that solved this issue.

While issue is now resolved, I still have a problem.....

Tech support:

As in, "technical" support; you know, people that know more than you about the product.  She didn't even understand that I didn't have a separate WAP, but the link above mentions model 5268 doesn't have one.  I EVEN ASKED, "Is there a way mine was set up without a separate WAP? because I really don't see one here."  Her reply, "No. You have one some where and we can send a tech out but you will be charged when they locate the WAP".  Really??!  She insisted several times that the WAP has to be in my house....no other option.  You guys don't even understand your own equipment?

Install instructions:

When I received the replacement modem (that wasn't even necessary), there should have been something beyond the dumbed-down fluffy cartoon images of how to plug my modem into the power outlet...I can handle that, but a heads up on how to log in to the modem and adjust settings would be appreciate.  Yeah, I need a slight nudge on that. 

I wasted an hour on the phone; another hour searching for a solution MYSELF, and almost wasted 4 hours waiting for a tech to come do what took me 5 minutes once I did the work myself to find out how.  Seriously AT&T, so far I am not impressed, and I sure as h*** will share this with anyone who will listen when TV service comes up in conversation.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

That's great and all, but it is still a departure from what apparently is company policy. My new install was configured this way without my knowledge that it isn't recommended. Am I supposed to get a separate WAP Installed then?
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.