How to use my DVD player

Highlighted
Contributor

How to use my DVD player

I have no idea how to use my DVD player with UV. I have 3 remotes. UV, DVD, and TV. Could you in detail tell me exactly what I should push, going into AND out of, to play the DVD and get back to UV. In detail, please.

Thanks

Message 1 of 3 (7,217 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by aviewer (ACE - Expert)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: How to use my DVD player

Deb7073 - I do not know enough about your setup to tell you in-detail. I can get you started.

I expect the U-verse remote is programmed for the TV. When you hit the power button it turns on both the U-verse STB and the TV. The u-verse remote controls the TV volume.

The u-verse STB is connected to a TV input. Connect the DVR to another compatible input. Perhaps, composite - Yellow red & white jacks.

If you are lucky - the tv/video button on the U-verse remote will give you a TV menu to change inputs on the TV - first push the TV button then the tv/video button. If not, you will have to use the TV remote to change inputs.

Turn on the DVD player. Practice switching inputs between U-verse and the DVD on the TV. Then practice watching U-verse, using the u-verse remote. Then practice watching a DVD using the DVD remote for playing - fast forward & all such activities. Use the U-verse remote to adjust TV volume.

Once you are comfortable with this mode. we can try programming the U-verse remote to work with the DVD if you like.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (7,220 Views)
Contributor

Re: How to use my DVD player

Before I got ATT service I was able to play videos on my DVD player. Now the TV screen tells me, very faintly, to go to myatt.com and troubleshoot. I can not get any answers from you.

Message 3 of 3 (585 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.