John012's profile

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

Sunday, May 28th, 2017 10:52 PM

How do you control the TV menu with the new S30 remotes?

With the S30 remote, how do you put it into TV mode so you can control the TV's menu? 

With the old S10 remote, there were buttons labeled TV, DVD, AT@T and AUX. So when you press the TV button then MENU, you access the TV's menu. How do you access the TV's menu (not U-verse menu) with the S30?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Even if you could access your TV's menu with the S10 you couldn't do much with it (primarily control volume and off/on).  IMO it was never intended as a universal remote.  Maybe that's why they were removed from the S30 (and S20).  I just keep both remotes handy.

A real universal remote is a possible solution.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

7 years ago

So there's no way to control the brightness, saturation, sleep timer, etc with this new remote?

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Strange but true or at least not that I can figure out.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

I was able to fully access/control the TV menu with the S10. So one would expect that from the newer S30 model.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

7 years ago

@John012 n- You were just lucky that the S-10 worked menu functions tha included everything. The new ones have a single  button for TV Input at bottom left. If you can make it work with one  button, you can do whatever happens. The arrows & OK will not navigate/select.

Here are a couple universal remotes -

https://www.amazon.com/Universal-Control-Magnavox-Insignia-Converter/dp/B00JRN0OCA/ref=sr_1_16?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496089933&sr=1-16&keywords=rca+universal+remote

https://www.amazon.com/RCA-RCRN03BR-Universal-Remote-Control/dp/B01AQB36YE/ref=sr_1_17?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1496089933&sr=1-17&keywords=rca+universal+remote

If you like "activities" with different button maps & auto setting of power & input get a Logitech Harmony model 625.

If you watch more than one channel (need to control up to three STBs in the same room bet a Logitech Harmony hub system.

• 

25.7K Messages

7 years ago

Why can't you pick up your TV remote?  I keep the TV remote handy because I need it to operate the features on the TV

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

From the responses I conclude that the S30 is not capable to do what the S10 did (controlling the TV functions). 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.