For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
barredowl123's profile
Employee

Employee

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 18th, 2018 2:14 PM

How do I set up Orbi mesh routers with my uverse wireless set top boxes?

I have trouble getting internet and wireless set top box connectivity to rooms on the other side of a brick wall in the middle of my house.  I upgraded my internet speed, which didn't help.  I added Orbi mesh routers, which helped the internet speed to my pc.  But it didn't help my wireless set top box reach and the Orbi seems to be causing intermittent problems with uverse set top boxes.  I'm thinking that the Orbi and the uverse WAP are not working well together.  Is there a certain way I need to change the router/gateway set up for them to work together?  Thanks in advance for your assistance. 

*I am an AT&T employee, and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.

Employee

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thank you for your response. I actually can't rewire / relocate the WAP to the other side of the brick wall (construction issues).  So, next question, is there a way to tell if my Orbi is interfering with my WAP?  And if so, is there a different software configuration that I could do?  Can I make the Orbi the communication device to the uverse set top boxes?

Thanks in advance for your help. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.