How do I get a replacement for a failing remote control?

Contributor

How do I get a replacement for a failing remote control?

AT&T: the remote control for one of my U-Verse Cisco boxes is failing - 'volume down' no longer works. I'm sure it's the remote that is failing. How do I get a replacement without trying to navigate your VRU and/or speaking to somebody in India? d.v.v.
Message 1 of 6 (13,971 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by ATTDelia (Employee)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: How do I get a replacement for a failing remote control?

You need to call, use the instructions in my sig and they should be able to send you one.

A work around I found is to press the TV button and then the R/L  arrows become volume control on my Panasonic plasma.  Push the ATT button and control is returned to Uverse. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6 (13,937 Views)
Expert

I called cs and requested new remote controls.  I got four since I have four stbs.

Message 3 of 6 (13,918 Views)
Contributor

The work-around works; thank you!
I suppose I'll need to call & battle the voice response unit!
Message 4 of 6 (13,909 Views)
Professor

(800) 983-2811

Try that number.
Message 5 of 6 (13,878 Views)
ACE - Expert

That's a direct # to CS open 8-5 EST today and M-F 8-7. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 6 (13,870 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.