nella100's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, July 28th, 2014 4:53 PM

How can I set my "Guide" button to show my favorites list rather than all channels?

How can I set my "Guide" button to show my favorites list rather than all channels?  Is this possible?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

You cannot literally do that. You can hide all the non-Favorite channels to make the guide button display only favorites. To avtually use the Favorites guide, you must traverse the menu.

You can build your own Favorites- 

The long way is MENU - Right arrow to Options/Channel options/Favorite Channels

The short way is ENTER (bottom right of number pad)/ Channnel down to Edit/add Favorites.

Once you have created & named a list you can add/ delete channels while watching that channel and pressing ENTER - down arrow to add to favorites ( It will say remove after it is added). To access the Favorites GUIDe requires navigating the MENU.

You can hide channels you do not want - Menu - Right arrow to OPtions - Channel OPtions - Hide channels Many people like this because it allows Guide button access. It has the disadvantage of notseeing the channels when there is a free preview.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

OK, My original post should have said, you cannot make the guide button display the favorites guide with U-verse alone. But, if you really, really want it or maybe you have other reasons for getting a superpower remote, get a Logitech Harmony Smart Control.

It works rock solid with u-verse & allows building multiple functions on a button. It also has a short press and long press on each button, with distinctive functionality.

I have programmed the short press on my SC to navigate the MENU & produce the Favorites guide with just the one short press. A long press on the guide button produces the full guide.

Here are all the details - https://forums.att.com/t5/Using-your-U-verse-TV-Remote/Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-Remote/m-p/4033784#M2997

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.