How can I set my "Guide" button to show my favorites list rather than all channels?

Highlighted
Contributor

How can I set my "Guide" button to show my favorites list rather than all channels?

How can I set my "Guide" button to show my favorites list rather than all channels?  Is this possible?

Message 1 of 4 (4,100 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How can I set my "Guide" button to show my favorites list rather than all channels?

You cannot literally do that. You can hide all the non-Favorite channels to make the guide button display only favorites. To avtually use the Favorites guide, you must traverse the menu.

You can build your own Favorites- 

The long way is MENU - Right arrow to Options/Channel options/Favorite Channels

The short way is ENTER (bottom right of number pad)/ Channnel down to Edit/add Favorites.

Once you have created & named a list you can add/ delete channels while watching that channel and pressing ENTER - down arrow to add to favorites ( It will say remove after it is added). To access the Favorites GUIDe requires navigating the MENU.

You can hide channels you do not want - Menu - Right arrow to OPtions - Channel OPtions - Hide channels Many people like this because it allows Guide button access. It has the disadvantage of notseeing the channels when there is a free preview.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (4,096 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: How can I set my "Guide" button to show my favorites list rather than all channels?

OK, My original post should have said, you cannot make the guide button display the favorites guide with U-verse alone. But, if you really, really want it or maybe you have other reasons for getting a superpower remote, get a Logitech Harmony Smart Control.

It works rock solid with u-verse & allows building multiple functions on a button. It also has a short press and long press on each button, with distinctive functionality.

I have programmed the short press on my SC to navigate the MENU & produce the Favorites guide with just the one short press. A long press on the guide button produces the full guide.

Here are all the details - https://forums.att.com/t5/Using-your-U-verse-TV-Remote/Logitech-Harmony-Smart-Control-Remote/m-p/403...

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 4 (4,089 Views)
Contributor

Message 4 of 4 (3,555 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.