Lynnstv's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 16th, 2015 10:53 PM

Hallmark Channel

I am very disapointed to hear that I cannot view The Hallmark Channel on AT&T Uverse. Is this a permanent decision??

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@Pati2400 wrote:
Maybe. That?s an argument I don?t much care about. I?m for the best programming options I can get and hopefully, The Hallmark Channel will be available soon either as a premium channel, or a streaming network or U450 choice. It?s worth it to many subscribers present and potentially future who enjoy their quality of programs and family based viewing.

AT&T and DirectTV have been reciprocal partners for years in that AT&T sells DirectTV where U-verse is not available. Previous to that, AT&T and Dish had the same arrangement.

Where are you getting your inside information about the future availability of the Hallmark channels on U-verse? You seem to have a foot in the door about getting such information.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

According to a post in FORBES today regarding the ATT/Direct TV merger it recounts a white paper that says in part: ?79% of pay-TV subscribers usually watch only 1 to 10 channels. This raises the question as to why the subscriber would pay $80-100 a month for effectively consuming only 10 channels. This question is partly responsible for the emergence of multiple streaming services. These services have been designed in order to cater to the specific preferences of the end user so that they do not feel like they are paying extra. All these observations state the obvious fact that large factions in the general public are unhappy with the current state of the pay-TV services. It will be interesting to see how the DirecTV-AT&T combo will go about combating the saturation in pay-TV market and the looming threat of streaming services in the coming years.?
I know more people ?cutting the cord? than subscribing to ATT/Dish or Cable. Combinations of Amazon, Roku, Chrome, Sling TV etc... are maximizing the specialized market over broadcast bundles. Sadly, my opinion, this is not all good news. It means more polarization of people to specific interest groups instead of shared content which, though not perfect, keeps us able to share broader ideas and views. That?s a whole ?nuther subject. It makes sense for the Direct/ATT merger to broaden the base while minimizing the ?outrageous fees? Hallmark and such may demand if they are part of the Direct merger deal. Just my humble opinion shared by others more knowledgeable than I that I?ve talked to that made me more comfortable in switching to UVERSE.....no ? conspiracy of info? here. Sorry.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

It is hard for me to take Pati2400 seriously when her(?) grammar and spelling are so poor. I also don't think she is considering LIVE SPORTS. That will keep TV providers like U-Verse relevant for quite a while. Many people are interested in watching sports, even if many women like to say they are not. I am not trying to sound like a male chauvinist, but I'd bet most U-Verse subs (and Charter subs, and DISH, etc.) are still in the name of men, and those men probably enjoy watching at least one sport. Plus, many people still cannot rely on Internet streaming for television because they're not able to get a fast enough Internet connection to get good quality straming video. So U-Verse and other cable and satellite TV providers will still be around for a while. Not everyone is in a good position to "cut the cord". I know that as long as U-Verse carries a ton of live sports like it does now that I will be their customer. On the subject of Hallmark, I do agree that Hallmark will probably come back to U-Verse receivers once the DirecTV merger is complete. I look for Pop TV to possibly appear soon as part of a new deal with CBS. I think that time has come for that to happen. But we will see.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

I do apologize for my spelling and grammar... when I apply quote marks , somehow it creates a question mark. Bummer! I'm sure if I were a professional poster I?d be much more credible. However, I'm not interested in gotcha diatribe so I?ll pass on the drama.
Frankly, I just like Hallmark?s programs, as do many on the forum, hence the post in the first place. I knew I was making the choice to lose the channels but was assured there was the likelihood of getting them soon. I truly hope UVERSE catches up with their customers needs and follows what people like so they can serve their customers the best products. Maybe they won?t, but I was told the merger will make it likely.
You may be surprised to know not everyone needs or craves Sports all the time, but there are those who do ...so I'm sure you understand the problem those who crave broader wholesome family entertainment as well. I received a great plan with ATT and I had sufficient indications they would be providing options within the year to please me. I really can?t complain about ATTs service so far?they?ve been very accommodating and their reps and techs have been spot on. If they become less than what they promised, I will return to cable. No Biggie.
Frankly, I'm not here to enlighten anyone or critique other people?s choices. I was asked questions and am trying my best to answer to my best ability?limited though it is. I've no agenda, so take me seriously or not. I filled in the form to request the Hallmark Channel as indicated... they?ll do what they are able or not. I try to research the best I can to see if I?m making an informed choice ad believe I have made a good decision based on what I learned. You might keep an eye on the business news as well if you are interested in developments . Its fluid stuff, so be prepared for changes. Meanwhile, this forum is very interesting and I'm glad I found it. Another facet of entertainment. It wasn't identified in my package!

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

The Hallmark Channel is Here!

Follow the link to find out more

by ATTU-verseCare

Teacher

• 

6 Messages

9 years ago

Hallmark is Back! Hallmark is back!  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Channel 365 and channel 366.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

O SO WONDERFUL! U-Verse is now perfect! Thank you Crown and ATT for coming together for us!!!!!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.