Lynnstv's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, April 16th, 2015 10:53 PM

Hallmark Channel

I am very disapointed to hear that I cannot view The Hallmark Channel on AT&T Uverse. Is this a permanent decision??

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Community Support

• 

6.7K Messages

9 years ago

The Hallmark Channel is Here!

Follow the link to find out more

-ATTU-verseCare

Official Solution

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

The Hallmark channels have been gone from the U-verse lineup since September 1, 2010, due to the fact that Crown Media, the owner of the Hallmark channels, was asking too high of a carriage fee in comparison to what the viewership of the Hallmark channels actually was at that time.

The latest word is that AT&T made an offer to Crown Media months ago which has never been answered by Crown Media.

I do not know how long you have been a subscriber to U-verse, but you should have checked to see if the Hallmark channels were part of the U-verse lineup before you signed up.

There was no need to start another Hallmark thread. The amount of threads about this subject will not have any influence upon AT&T concerning this matter.

There is a main thread of 762 posts that you could have used.

https://forums.att.com/t5/Features-and-How-To/Where-is-the-Hallmark-Channel/m-p/4045686#M112897

(edited to remove link to deactivated website)

• 

25.7K Messages

9 years ago

U-Verse just came available in my neighborhood and unfortunately I won't be getting U-Verse until the Hallmark channel is back being offered by U-Verse. 

For us that is a show stopper in getting U-Verse,  I am ready to leave comcast but I won't get something cheaper when I can't get the Hallmark channel on U-Verse.   I have talked to a lot of neighbors and when I mention Hallmark channel not being available on U-Verse they tell me the same thing.  I guess like you I won't be getting U-Verse.  That is a shame that one Channel can hold up so many folks from switching from their current cable provider to U-Verse.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@Redwing91 wrote:

U-Verse just came available in my neighborhood and unfortunately I won't be getting U-Verse until the Hallmark channel is back being offered by U-Verse. 

For us that is a show stopper in getting U-Verse,  I am ready to leave comcast but I won't get something cheaper when I can't get the Hallmark channel on U-Verse.   I have talked to a lot of neighbors and when I mention Hallmark channel not being available on U-Verse they tell me the same thing.  I guess like you I won't be getting U-Verse.  That is a shame that one Channel can hold up so many folks from switching from their current cable provider to U-Verse.

Since the Hallmark channels left the U-verse lineup on September 1, 2010, I have never met or talked to anyone personally who said they would not get or leave U-verse due to the absence of the Hallmark channels.

I cannot believe there are that many people out there who really care. I talk to a lot of people about U-verse, and I have never met any who care about Hallmark.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Well, my experience is quite different. Everyone I know watches Hallmark. We signed up with Uverse because we were told Hallmark would be available towards the end of the year because ATT was combining with Dish and Direct. We'll see if they lie.

ACE - Professor

• 

2.5K Messages

9 years ago

@Pati2400 wrote:

Well, my experience is quite different. Everyone I know watches Hallmark. We signed up with Uverse because we were told Hallmark would be available towards the end of the year because ATT was combining with Dish and Direct. We'll see if they lie.

Who told you that Hallmark would be available on U-verse towards the end of the year? From what I have heard, the door-to-door salespeople, who are NOT directly employees of AT&T, will say almost anything to get a sale. I would guess that cold call sales people do the same thing.

I have also found, by asking them, that there are a lot of employees at the AT&T stores who do not know that U-verse does  not have the Hallmark channels in their lineup.

You should have verified before signing up with U-verse.

As far as AT&T combining with other carriers, the proposed merger is only with DirectTV, not Dish. Between now and the end of the year, anything can happen to interfere or delay the merger.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Direct is a reciprocal partner of AT&T now. It was verified (not by the Salesperson) that the Direct/AT&T alliance will likely expand the channel availability by the end of the year. Yes, as you stated, anything can happen between now and then, so we?ll see. Meanwhile, there is (unofficial) chatter that Hallmark is developing it?s own streaming service such as Amazon and Netflix so it could become a moot point. Then it can generate far larger profit without having to bargain. That is the current direction HBO has been promoting, so it makes sense. If that becomes reality, premier channels will be distancing themselves restrictive contracts with providers. Soon, AT&T as well as most cable providers will become irrelevant. Happy Me!

ACE - Expert

• 

34.7K Messages

9 years ago

Hallmark already has its own streaming service.  See felln.com

However, unicast streaming over the public Internet still has a long way to go before it catches up to the quality of multicast IPTV over a private network.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

9 years ago

Maybe. That?s an argument I don?t much care about. I?m for the best programming options I can get and hopefully, The Hallmark Channel will be available soon either as a premium channel, or a streaming network or U450 choice. It?s worth it to many subscribers present and potentially future who enjoy their quality of programs and family based viewing.

Mentor

• 

61 Messages

9 years ago

The problem is it is not up to AT&T to offer Hallmark asa "premium" channel. Hallmark / Crown Media wants to maximize the income they receive by wanting it part of the basic package, being able to charge a fee for every Uverse customer. The income from those willing to pay an additional fee for Hallmark as a "premium" channel would pale in comparison.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.