PerdidoBum's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, January 5th, 2019 10:11 PM

Getting a "gear" symbol and red x on screen when trying to pair new receiver to WAP.

New receiver and WAP won't pair.  Pushed WAP button - then Receiver "OK" button.  Afterwards will get a Gear symbol on screen for extended period.  Eventually it will change to red X.  (No error number shown).   LINK green light and red REC light begin to blink simultaneous.  No bars shown.  Tried at least 10 times to pair, no luck.  This is a new receiver (received yesterday) replacing an older Cisco wireless receiver that failed.  Other TV in house with Uverse wireless receiver is working perfectly from WAP and Gateway.   Tried resetting WAP, same result.  Tried Resetting Res. Gateway, same result.  Held power button on Receiver for 10 seconds to reset,  no change.  Unplugged and re powered Receiver same result.  TV perfectly works on Internet streaming through other HDMI port.  TV will also work perfectly on ATT Uverse with a swap of the other wireless receiver.

Need solution.

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

In all the stuff you rebooted you didn't mention whether you rebooted the dvr?  Did you?

Try the troubleshooting steps described here.  If you get to the disaster recovery step and that still doesn't fix the problem I assume something is really wrong with that receiver and you will need yet another replacement.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Thank You, Thank you That is the solution to my Problem. Based on your info, I looked and found I have a 1st Gen. WAP of VEN401-AT and the new receiver is a 2nd Gen., VIP 2500.

I had called Uverse Support again yesterday, and have a Tech appointment in two days. So hopefully with your info he'll be able to swap out the old WAP. Thanks again.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.