Jhearcht's profile

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

Thursday, June 19th, 2014 11:10 PM

Exit to non-programed DVD player

I have an el cheapo DVD player that doesn't interact with the ATT remote. I can exit to TV and use the player's remote. But then I have difficulty getting back to normal Uverse operation. I usually push all the relevant buttons (ATT, TV, DVD, etc) randomly until I get some indication that I'm back in the Uverse system. Is there something I'm missing here? Other than buy a new player?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Jhearcht - I do not understand your problem. Is it the remote or the TV?

Your DVD player should be connected be connected to the TV. You select it by changing the input on the TV menu with the TV remote or the u-verse remote, if it happens to support it. When you are done switch the input back to u-verse.

From a remote perspective - you are in att mode watching and controlling u-verse. You want to watch a DVD. Put the DVD in the slot. Use the TV remote & the DVD remote to select the input & watch the DVD. When done eject the DVD or turn it off . Switch the TV back to the u-verse. Pick p the u-verse remote & return to u-verse watching.

Tutor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

The problem is that after exiting to TV in order to use the DVD, I can't get back into ATT. There's nothing wrong with the remote or the TV. I just don't know how to return to ATT. I pressed all of the top buttons , including the ATT button, but nothing happened.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Jhearcht I guess I cannot understand what the return is if I do not know what you do to change fromatt to DVD.

From my perspective it should have nothing to do with the u-verse remote.

To watch a DVD use theTV remote to select the DVD input & the DVD remote to play the DVD. When done, change the input back to u-verse with the TV remote.

Try those steps.

Expert

• 

20.4K Messages

10 years ago

@Jhearcht wrote:

The problem is that after exiting to TV in order to use the DVD, I can't get back into ATT. There's nothing wrong with the remote or the TV. I just don't know how to return to ATT. I pressed all of the top buttons , including the ATT button, but nothing happened.

Press the TV button on top of the Uverse remote, the press the TV/Video button to find the Uverse input.  Know on my Panasonic, multiple pushes scrolls thru the different inputs. 

When you find Uverse, from TV/Video button, press the ATT button at the top left to return to Uverse service control.  Good luck 😉

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.