Explore & discover

Helpful Links

Do I need to return any wires or cables with my DVR and remote?

Contributor

Do I need to return any wires or cables with my DVR and remote?

As I understand, I will save $ on my bill if I return my DVR and remote. This will still allow me to have basic cable. My question is, do I also need to return any cable? What about the cord with the black box attached? Do I need to return that as well?

Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Subversiva
‎08-14-2018 3:33 PM

Re: Do I need to return any wires or cables with my DVR and remote?

Have you called CS to downgrade to a package that does not include a DVR (I believe that's "basic")?  You can't just send your DVR back without some prior authorization.

You should receive an email with instructions.  I know they don't want the remote back but I'm not sure about wiring.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by topic author
Accepted by Subversiva
‎08-14-2018 3:33 PM

According to this you do not have to return ethernet or coax cables.

Award for Community Excellence 2019 Achiever*
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Tags (1)
Message 3 of 8
Contributor

Good answer. I will call tomorrow to authorize.

Message 4 of 8
Contributor

Thank you!

Message 5 of 8
Contributor

My issue is this:

I have documentation from FedEx my equipment was returned

I have documentation from Direct TV my equipment was returned.

Still they insist in deducting equipment costs from my refund.

After 14 documented contacts I have been given 3 different amounts and at this point have not seen an actual refund.

Is anyone else having these issues? It is a standard business practice?

Message 6 of 8
Contributor

I cancelled my auto pay to change from Direct Tv and switch to Dish.  I said it was cancelled and I would have to make a payment for the month,  but they took the payment anyway.  I was told you have to cancel auto pay a month in advance.  I think that is a load of crap.  I am waiting to see if I will get my refund.  They only sent one box for two DVR's also.

Message 7 of 8
Contributor

Looking for more community hands on with the AT&T representative is in reference to haul making house calls I’m saving up equipment I am delivering devices arm of France I’m getting to know the business owners and employees at hand

Message 8 of 8
Share this topic
Share this topic
Additional Support