mstaylor2511's profile

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

Tuesday, May 14th, 2013 4:07 PM

Codes for Bose Cinemate GS II ?? Unable to program.

Are there other uverse programming codes for the remote other than those listed by uverse for Bose Cinemate GS II . Unable to program uverse remote for either, Tried Search on Remote, Tried all individual codes listed. Tried setting up from TV menu, etc. . Please HELP!  Thanks 

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

GOOD NEWS!  Sort of. I WAS able to program the BOSE remote to control the Uverse box (and TV, etc). Code I used (as supplied by BOSE) for the Uverse box: 00858. All Uverse functions appear to be up & running with the BOSE Remote.

At least I can control with one remote now. THANK YOU BOSE!! I still think it is seriously ridiculous that Uverse cant supply a code to run a Cinemate GS II system that is less than 2 years old. It is what it is I guess. 

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Yeah,  apparently uverse standard black remote will not support the Bose Cinemate GS. My Bose system was new in 9/11 btw. - Less than 2 years old. I've messed with it most of the day, tried everything in a similar thread to this one I started, found more codes (and NO 4000 does not work) and so on plus factory reset of the uverse remote, blah, blah, blah. Nothin.

I also had the same thought as another guy - use the BOSE remote to control uverse, but like 1 post said.  No code for uverse available. I'll also mention I had an AT&T guy here today on another matter and got him to mess with it -  to no avail. Looks like the Harmony remote (Radio Shack?) is my last option other than contact Bose maybe. Sucks.  If anybody ever figures this out, sure hope they post the solution. 

Mentor

• 

44 Messages

11 years ago

Try the harmony 650 remote. Works with our dvr, samsung tv, bose cinemate and blu ray.

Mentor

• 

76 Messages

11 years ago

I tried the same 4000 codes and none worked for me either.  I did end up buying a Harmony 300, new, on Ebay from a guy near Windsor, Canada for $41.00 US.  It is the cheapest price around.  Controls my tv, stb, blu-ray player, and Cinemate.  What I really like about the remote is the one (1 button WATCH BUTTON) that turns or off tv, stb, Cinemate.

Teacher

• 

21 Messages

11 years ago

Thanks for the info on the Harmony remote models. I'll check them out. In the mean time I did manage to get with BOSE yesterday. My thought being to use the BOSE remote for cbl box, et all. Bose guy gave me five codes to try on the BOSE remote for the Uverse box (mfg by Cisco). Will follow up today and let all know if that might work. Here are the codes BOSE gave me to try: 01982, 01376, 01582, 01877, 00858. 

Contributor

• 

1 Message

11 years ago

What upset me is that it worked on one remote and then the remote control died and I can't program the new one for BOSE anymore. Why AT&T don't respond?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

matysoha - Have you tried following the TV - Menu - Help - Programming remote ?? A lot of people seem to have success following that.

Tutor

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Code 4001 works with my Bose 3-2-1 Series II system and the black Uverse Standard Remote Control to power the Bose on /off, and to control the volume.  I assigned the AUX button on my remote control to the Bose 3-2-1.  And I used the instructions from the Uverse Standard Remote Control Guide to set it up to send Volume (955) controls to the AUX / Bose 3-2-1.  It works for me.  Good luck.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

9 years ago

Which remote would this be? I have a silver remote and just bought the new cinemate 15. I'd anticipate that the codes for cinemates would work, but my remote needs a 4-digit code, and 4000 doesn't work. None of the listed bose codes (in the published code list) work. Tried them all last night.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

9 years ago

Ther have always been posts looking for Boxe codes. You can try the search method & step through all the possible codes.

You are using the AUX button?

By does not work, you mean you cannot turn the Bose on/off? If you can turn on/off, there is a second step to control volume.

If you cannot find a code. This is probably the least expensive replacement - http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=RCRP05BR

Or any Logitech Harmony you can find available.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.