Triple_t003's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Friday, January 15th, 2016 3:23 AM

Closed captioning

I somehow turned the closed captioning on and do not know how to turn it off. I pressed CC on the remote but it indicates that closed captioning is off already but it's still on. Please help. I don't know how to fix this.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Scholar

• 

126 Messages

8 years ago

1. Press Menu on the remote control.
  2. Use the right-arrow to scroll to Options on the horizontal-menu bar.
  3. Use the down-arrow to select Closed Captioning
  4. Choose the desired CC setting and select Save or Select Done.

Marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution" will help other people find solutions faster.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

The problem is that closed captions do not appear on select programs even though they are CC. It happens on USA and Syfy channels as well as the local PBS programs. Not all programs have this issue, just the one's I m interested in recording. Even when not recording the program it still has no CC. Contacted parent of networks and they say the problem isn't theirs. ATT had no real answer other rhan record on CC 2, 3, or 4. Didn't help. I have a Samsung Smart TV.

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @LarryKofGA,

Can you tell us what episodes this happened on? The exact episode and season? Also, please let us know which closed captioning option you have selected. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Guru

• 

417 Messages

7 years ago

I can. All episodes of "Shooter" on USA are lacking Closed Captions. 

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi,

Is that with On Demand or with live or DVR? We are see On Demand episodes working with CC.

-ATTU-verseCare

Guru

• 

417 Messages

7 years ago

DVR (or live). 

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

When I watch live or DVR'd programs off of the SYFY channel I do not get the Closed Captioning.  When a commercial comes on the SYFY channel that has Closed captioning it will work but when my program starts back up there is no Closed Captioning.  I have changed all of the setting in the closed captioning section but no change.  This happens when I am watching the DVR receiver.

Community Support

• 

231.3K Messages

7 years ago

Hi @Zombiemaster,

We have reported this to our teams and working on a resolution. 

-ATTU-verseCare

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

7 years ago

It happens on live and with my DVR. It’s been with selected programs on USA & SyFy and now with local PBS station. Very frustrating.

Tutor

• 

4 Messages

7 years ago

Still not working.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.