tmbogan's profile

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

Friday, November 9th, 2012 4:39 PM

Cant turn off any receivers with the remote

Im not sure if the receivers are supposed to be turned off but mine all stay on all night. When you hit the power button it only shuts off the tv. I hit att and power and it shuts off tv. If I hit tv and power it shuts off tv. So Im not sure should I should be turning off the boxes? Is it bad for them  to stay on constantly? What can I do?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

11 years ago

tmbogan - The u-verse boxes are "on" all the time. They just go to sleep. Which is a good thing.
When the remote is programmed for the TV it should turn off both the TV and the STB.

That is the oval green light should go out .

When in the att mode - Push the att button first.

Look at the lights on the remote when you push the power button. First the att should flash then the TV button.

If the att button does flash make sure you are pointing the remote at the receiver. Maybe even try it real close.

The remote always has tto turn off att box when the remote is in the att mode. The only thing to prevent it is if the STB does not see the signal. This is either the remote or the.

aiming. If it is the remote, check the batteries.

Expert

• 

14.5K Messages

11 years ago

When you press the AT&T button,  the POWER button should turn off and on both the U-verse receiver and your TV.  If this is not happening, you may need to reprogram your remote:  MENU > Help > System Set-up > Program your U-verse Remote

When the U-verse receiver is turned off, the green link light will remain on.  Also, the HD blue light may remain on depending which U-verse receiver you have, the Aspect Ratio selected on the receiver and type of connection between the receiver and the TV.  The green light around the POWER button on the front of the receiver will go off. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

The green oval light does not go out on any of the 4 boxes in my home. 

Teacher

• 

15 Messages

11 years ago

Yay I got it to work!

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Ok looked at the other complaints about the remote. This time looked at the lights and they don't turn off. But I turned the TV on with its remote control and see the screen saver and the click OK to view TV. The receiver is still connected to the internet and looks like it is downloading data. I have a S30 point anywhere remote. I see where they haven't received very good reviews. I hope I am talking to a human being. 

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

@melp1209 

I think you replied to the wrong thread.  Your thread is here.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.