Can not get my remote to turn on the tv or work the sound it did before and now will not.

Contributor

Can not get my remote to turn on the tv or work the sound it did before and now will not.

Message 1 of 3 (1,411 Views)
ACE - Expert
Solution
Accepted by aviewer (ACE - Expert)
‎09-30-2015 1:39 AM

Re: Can not get my remote to turn on the tv or work the sound it did before and now will not.

Gasman 50 - Maybe it is not in a specific mode. Press the att button & see if it controls the sound.
See if there is a sound level indicator that changes - but no sound. If that is the case, the STVB is muted. I can tell you how to fix.

Press the TV button. Se if TV off/on. If not. you will need to reprogram for the TV.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (1,403 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Can not get my remote to turn on the tv or work the sound it did before and now will not.

Press menu, scroll to help, go down to set up, select program remote, select your remote.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (1,353 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app. It is much faster than posting on our forums. You will also find some helpful articles below.