MrMike1's profile

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

Tuesday, March 21st, 2017 6:02 PM

COAX to Ethernet

Currently I have a STB connected via COAX to the AT&T Router.  I would like to free-up that COAX for use with OTA Antenna and an FM Antenna.  Is there a way I can connect the STB via Ethernet to the AT&T Router and thus freeing up my COAX?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

You connect a OTA antenna directly to your TV, not your ATT equipment.  You should have a F connector in the back of your TV.  Connect your antenna (the RG6 coax attached to it) to the TV's F connector and switch your TV input to take input from it via your remote (or maybe a menu on your TV).

Remember, the first time you connect remember to do a scan so the TV knows the available OTA channels.

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

This is not the issue.  I know how to connect COAX from a terrestrial antenna to a TV or AVR, the issue is switching my AT&T STB from COAX to Ethernet to free-up the COAX so I can use it for OTA (NOT going through the AT&T GW).

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

I am liking the last option.  Is there any other charges\fees for the wireless receiver?  I order the wireless receiver and WAP, pay $49, return the hardwired receiver and nothing else?  Same monthly charge I am paying now?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

7 years ago

Same charges. 

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

The wireless receiver would be about 20ft from the WAP.  The WAP is in a closet and the receiver would be in a cabinet.

ACE - Professor

• 

5.8K Messages

7 years ago

Is the hard wired receiver you would return be the main one with the dvr in it?

Tutor

• 

7 Messages

7 years ago

No.  Not the DVR, just a receiver.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.