BBenji's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Monday, December 31st, 2012 12:11 AM

Bose Solo Sound Bar

I just purchased a Bose Solo Sound Bar for my Samsung TV. I turned off the speakers on the TV and all sound comes from the Bose. When I press the volume button on the Uverse remote I get a message  "Not Available". I have to use the Bose controller to adjust the volume. Is it possible to program the Uverse remote so that the volume button controls the Bose and all other buttons control the Samsung TV? Also in looking through the Setup Code List I do not find any for Bose? 

• 

25.7K Messages

11 years ago

Best to do like some of us, and grab a Harmony 300 remote.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

This worked for me.  It's a two step process which is why no one at AT&T or Bose can figure it out!

1) Program the remote for the Bose Solo on AUX.  I used code 4001 - which turns the amp on and off.

2) Set the volume control option to default to the Bose:. (This is from the Advanced Features Set Up section of the remote manual)

a) Press and hold the AT&T key along with the OK key.  All the mode keys flash twice.

b) Enter 955 - AT&T key will flash twice

c) Press and release the AUX key.  It should give a long flash to confirm successful programming.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

@mturner01 - Your post sounds good. Does the programming persist?? If not, there is a step d - Press the enter button (bottom right) to save the setting.

BTW, programming as you describe, sets the Bose as ALWAYS controlling the sound. If you prefer to use TV sound sometimes and Bose sound sometimes you can do the following -
att/OK - 955- enter
The volume control will then follow the mode button.
In att mode set the volume so that 15 appears on the screen.
In the TV mode, set the TV to a comfortable level.
In the aux mode, set the Bose to a comfortable level.
While watching in the att mode, the volume control will transparently vary the STB volume to your desired volume for both the TV and the Bose case.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I wish I had seen this earlier.  It may do the same results as what I've accomplished, but it's not clear that the mute also works, or if it's just the volume.

I have tried the suggested manual codes for Bose as a "audio receiver / tuner" : 5042, 4001, 4017.  

(Note, pressing enter on my smart phone to give a carriage return in this reply, POSTS the reply.  I then am unable to edit the reply via my cell (no option), and have to access my laptop to edit and properly post.  Additional frustrations with AT&T.)

These manual codes above did not work for me.  4001 & 4017 will turn off the Bose, but they won't control the volume or mute the Bose.  When pressing the volume or mute, the ATT button lights up instead of the AUX button.

Before going through the automatic code search,

>> go to a TV channel that is always playing some sound with no pauses in sound.  News, business news, or one of the music channels.

>>  Make sure your Bose Solo is on and the volume is at a slightly more than comfortable volume, so it's more obvious that the Bose shuts off instead of an audio pause on the TV.

Going through the automatic code finder for a Receiver, I was able to find the right code to control the sound system.  However, this required me to press the SCAN>\FF a lot of times.  Conincidentally, the Bose Solo turned off at press #200.  When I got to press # 122 and #133, my Samsung TV shut off.  This might happen for you too.  Just use your separate TV remote to turn the TV back on and continue pressing theSCAN>\FF button.  Note, you can press it quite quickly, however be aware that it might not recognize some of your button presses and so you may find yourself counting above 200 button presses.

If you were counting fast, just make sure to slow down when you reach 198, or you may turn off your Bose but unintensionally press SCAN>\FF again to send another code, mess up the programming, and have to start all over (I had to do this over several times).

After you find your Bose Solo does turn off and you verified volume and mute, press ENTER.

DON'T FORGET TO THEM PRESS ENTER to save your settings.

Strangely, when pushed up/down/left/right the AUX lights up.

To fix this, HOLD ATT, touch OK, release both at the same time.  Type 955 and press ENTER.

Now, everything works as it should.

Turn your TV/uVerse off with the single power button press.  Turn everything back on with that same power button (normal usage), you should find you can change channels, access the menu, and change the volume on the Bose as well as mute it.

Unfortunately, I have to turn the Bose on/off independently via pressing the AUX & Power button.  Have to get that working next.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

Not sure I follow your post. If you have the on/off working, you need to do the 955 to set the volume free from the TV.

For power sequence the programming is  att/ok - 755 - att - TV - AUX - enter. It does whicher you list in the order you list.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

9 years ago

@gregzoll_1 wrote:
Best to do like some of us, and grab a Harmony 300 remote.

That doesn't help at all. Obviously, the poster want's to use the AT&T U-Verse Remote. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.