Scottydontkno's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, May 3rd, 2018 2:10 PM

Att U-verse TV with Comcast Xfinity Internet?

I live in an apartment complex where I have a terrible U-verse internet connection, and my distance from the box maximizes my available internet speed to 25 Mbps. Comcast offers 100mbps in my unit but I’d like to keep the U-verse tv instead of re learning a bunch of new channels. Has anyone had an experience combining both services (Comcast internet with U-verse tv)?

Expert

• 

15K Messages

5 years ago

To access both uverse tv and some other provider's internet you will need two connections.   Att's dvr connects to an att gateway which connects to the uverse provided street connection (gateway connects with a cable to a wall plate which in turn connects to wherever att connects to the outside).  That same gateway can also handle att's internet service if you are paying for it.  But if you are using another provider's internet their connection cannot piggy back on uverse's lines (unless maybe it's a phone connection which needs to be split off the uverse street connection) hence the additional and separate connection requirement.   Unless things have changed (haven't used comcrap for 10 years) comcrap uses coax anyhow so you need a coax connection to the outside.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Followed instructions entirely from ATT to connect my Xfinity internet’s modem to the DVR box, the ATT modem, and the WAP. Nothing worked. Can anyone please share a picture of how it should be connected and what cord goes to which box?! I put everything back the way it was originally and now that won’t even work. Beyond frustrated! My ATT internet does not work. 2 MBPS OR LESS, Comcast Xfinity is already at 70+ MBPS speeds. But we love U-verse TV and want to keep it. 

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.