Scottydontkno's profile

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, May 3rd, 2018 2:10 PM

Att U-verse TV with Comcast Xfinity Internet?

I live in an apartment complex where I have a terrible U-verse internet connection, and my distance from the box maximizes my available internet speed to 25 Mbps. Comcast offers 100mbps in my unit but I’d like to keep the U-verse tv instead of re learning a bunch of new channels. Has anyone had an experience combining both services (Comcast internet with U-verse tv)?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

I left off the word "remotely". 

Of course you can control your Uverse DVR with your Uverse remote control when you are at home.  That has nothing to do with wi-fi.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

There was a time (prior to Nov. 2017) when you could stream live programming and schedule your DVR online via the Uverse website.  At that time, you had to have ATT internet to set recordings on the DVR.  Nothing changed as far as using your remote to control your DVR.

In Nov. 2017, everything that had previously been available online (and required ATT internet) was moved to the Uverse app and can be accessed like any app. 

Of course, you can control your DVR with your Uverse remote like always since it has NOTHING to do with internet or wifi.  IF you want to control your DVR REMOTELY, you have to use the Uverse App.

I apologize if the correction to my original answer was confusing.  I'm now exhausted and must lie down.....

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

You can have a different internet provider with Uverse TV.  The only caveat is that you cannot access your DVR functions (setup/delete programs).

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Well, rendingering my DVR useless is a pretty big caveat. Why would the ISP effect the DVR? I still would have the ATT gateway bridged throuh the xfinity modem I’d Imagine.

ACE - Expert

• 

27.6K Messages

6 years ago

I have ATT internet so I don't have issues with DVR controls via the app.  I did do some digging and found this thread that may provide more information. 

I know that before the app was offered, ATT internet was required to access Uverse online. I've since downloaded the app so my first statement might be incorrect.

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

That references accessing the DVR remotely. I don’t care for that, I just want to be able to access my DVR features at home to record, pause, and rewind, while having Comcast WiFi

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

So then where would I lose DVR functionality?

Tutor

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Great! Thank you!

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

no luck for me, I'm running Xfinity as of yesterday and no longer am able to access my Uverse TV

Contributor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Why?

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.