justin.gordon25's profile

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 5:38 PM

AUX code for Klipsch Icon SB-1

I'm trying to avoid investing in a true universal remote (Logitech or other). Is there a program code to control a Klipsch Icon SB-1 soundbar through AUX mode?

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @justin.gordon25,

I apologize about the inconveniences that you are having trying to get our remote to work with your sound bar. I did some research to see if Klipsch used other parts or was involved with any other manufacturers. One thing I notice at times is that the company uses parts from other companies and have similar remote codes at times. Sadly, I was not able to find any information like that on Klipsch.

If you have tried all the codes and the universal scan method, our remote may not work with that Klipsch device.

If you do decide to go with a universal remote, there are many out there including some budget ones. To be safe, I would find one with a learning feature.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

In order to have "seamless" volume control for TV or aux sound with a u-verse remote control, it is NOT necessary to program the aux for sound. It may be somewhat better than not programming it , but only marginally.

For fully seamless programming it is necessary to be able to program multiple activities. In this case -
1) watch U-verse with TV sound
2) watch U-verse with aux sound.

This Turns on requested devices, sets proper inputs on TV or aux, sets speakers off and programs device to the volume button. This last activity is the one that really needs to be seamless. The others are set up once per session & do not really scream for seamlessness.

The u-verse remote does NOT have such multiple activity capability. It supports one activity and four devices.

To make the volume control seamless in this universe, program the remote so that the volume control follows the mode button (att/ok-955-enter).

Set the ATT(STB) volume to 15 while in att mode.
Set the TV volume to a comfortable level (with AUX audio off) while in TV mode
Set the AUX volume to a comfortable level (with TV audio off) using  the AUX remote

While viewing, in ATT mode, the volume button will raise or lower the volume coming from the TV or the AUX device (whichever is on).

If you have a blue ray or ROKU or other devices, you will have to change the volume on the TV or AUX by pressing the mode button or seperate remote. If that is too much work, then it is time for the universal remote that has many many activities to take care of all the different input, etc. settings on start-up and assign the volume button for each case. This is easier than, multiple devices with one remote and multiple remotes, but only somewhat. It gets complicated very fast, even with a universal remote that supports many activities.

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

I can program the TV and soundbar to the remote. However, the remote controls the volume on both devices. I was hoping there was an AUX code to control the soundbar. I'd much rather turn the TV speakers completely off and change modes on the remoe to control the volume on the soundbar (than to purchase a universal remote). Unfortunately, a universal remote may be my only option.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

justin.gordon25 - I am not understanding what you are saying at all. It should be impossible. If it happens with the u-verse remote it should also happen with the mfgr remote.

Probably, the problem is that the 955 code is not working for you. As a test please do the following -
press att mode - press volume up - Which mode button lights?
press TV mode - press volume up - Which mode button lights?
press aux mode - press volume up - Which mode button lights?

Is the soundbar connected to the TV or the STB? Is it connected optical or with RCA connectors?

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

In all modes, the TV mode lights when the volume is used. I have never used manufacturer remotes for either the TV or soundbar.

The soundbar is connected to the TV optically.

The soundbar came with instruction to program the TV remote. Now the volume controls the TV and soundbar.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

justin.gordon25 - Thanks for the answer. It tells me that the remote is ALWAYS sending TV IR to control volume regardless of which mode key you press. To change it to work the way you are requesting -

Press ATT & OK simultaneously & hold for one second
press 955
Press ENTER (bottom right)

After you have completed this, do the test again. When you press the volume button, the last mode button pressed will light.

in att mode, you are now on setting 25 - notice the screen display. It will vary STB not TV. But, you will hear the difference.
in TV mode, works with TV.
In aux mode if not yet programmed nothing will happen. If programmed it will vary sound bar & not the TV.
If you cannot find a code, preset the sounbar level & vary the STB sound.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

@justin.gordon25 - How you doing on this? What do you have working? @aviewer

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Sorry for the slow response. Kids and work taking majority of my time. Hope to try your next step soon.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi justin.gordon25,

Hopefully, the information that aviewer suggested has resolved your issue. If you are still having any issues, let us know, and we will be glad to help.

-David T

Teacher

• 

13 Messages

10 years ago

Unfortunately, that un-programs the soundbar and the TV. When allowing the remote to search for the AUX code, the TV is programmed before I can get to a soundbar code.
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.