vafish's profile

Contributor

• 

1 Message

Wednesday, November 1st, 2017 11:18 PM

AT&T stood me up - TWICE

Twice we set appointments to have U-verse and the 300 Internet package installed in our home, and twice we were stood up. After our window of installation had come and gone, I called AT&T to find out if they were still coming. It was only well into 30 minutes into that phone call that they told me they had to cancel that installation because they had a bigger, general line problem that had to be fixed before they could install. But no phone call, no text, nor email to tell me they weren't coming.

We received a text saying they fixed the problem and that we could reschedule. So we did. Today they were scheduled to come between 9 to 11 a.m. Again, I took the day off work to be here. We began to feel concerned that it was going to happen again, so I called AT&T. After checking into it, the rep came back on the phone to say the installation had been cancelled, that they still had the big problem. I asked why they couldn't let us know in advance so I could go to work that day. She said, "Ma'am, an outage like that involves a lot of people. There's no way we can possibly call everyone affected to let them know." ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? AT&T has no capability to text a customer? To email a customer? To make a phone call? Really???

I cancelled because it's very evident AT&T has absolutely no regard for their existing or potential customers. I missed two days of work just to be here for the install and AT&T couldn't make the effort to contact us once they discovered the problem existed. Never again. Such horrible customer service. I prefer U-verse's interface to my existing cable company, but I will not give my money to a company that treats people with such disregard.

No Responses!
Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.