For the mom who gives us everything - Mother's Day gifts that connects us.
melinkca's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, November 30th, 2013 6:31 AM

uverse wired box

I just connected a wired receiver to my old Tv. It has a wireless box connected to it originally. I have reset the box and waited for it to reboot. I keep getting the message "at &t uverse Tv is not available at this time. Please. Try again. Later. Why? Could my o U-verse utlet not be working?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

• 

25.7K Messages

10 years ago

How did you connect the wired receiver?  Was there a coax cable there or an ethernet plug you plugged into?  If it was coax, Uverse does not leave unused coax cables "hot" or "live" with nothing connected to them.  It causes problems when that's done.  If it's an ethernet cable your plugging into, maybe it's been unplugged on the back of the AT&T router?   

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

melinkca - BB is correct that the existence of a wired outlet does not guarantee connectivity to the U-verse signal. It helps to know the history or, even better, all the wire connectivity in the house.

I would be especially leery of a jack at the same location as a wireless box. There is a reason the wireless was previously selected over the jack.

If the connection is COAX, it is possible you are using the wrong COAX connector on the receiver. Make sure it is not the one intended to connect to th eTV.

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thanks for your responses. I wondered why the cable installed didn't use the coaxial cable originally. This is a monster sized old Tv that would not be moved so no need to have wireless when the outlet was there. Ill bet he turned off the outlet if it could cause feedback later on. I wish the message said something like "no cable feeddetected" or something like that instead of "try again later" I kept thinking I was not reseting correctly. Thanks again!

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

melinkca - So, you are going to use the wireless box?? Or, you are going to pursue the wiring to see if it is connected?? We can only guess based on odds. We need more info to make more suggestions.

Your comment on the error message got me to re-read your original post and come at it from the error message direction. The message you describe sounds like a new box. Is this a box you acquired to bypass the monthly fee? If so, it will never work.

If it was a box you moved from a another room, I would think the error message would be no- signal & a list of things to try. Maybe that message only comes on if it first detects a signal & it goes away. My complaint about that error message is that the first thing on the list should be - Wait five minutes. (because it was just a hit, not a full failure).

So, we are past the simple possibilities. If you want to pursue it further we need to know the history of the box & the full descriprion of your house wiring.

Former Employee

• 

549 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Melinkca,

Just checking up on your post. If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment in the future, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

- MorganCS
- ATTU-verseCare

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.