timbo2six's profile

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

Sunday, March 11th, 2018 8:08 PM

tv displays "no signal"

My TV is displaying "No Signal" but the TV in the other room works fine. I've tried restarting but have had no luck. What else should I try?

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

If your TV is displaying just "No Signal", that means the the TV is not seeing a signal on the selected input.  It could be that someone has changed the selected input on your TV to an input where nothing is attached.  You should check that first: grab your TV's remote control and cycle through the inputs to see if you see the AT&T's screen on one of them.

If not, then check the AT&T box to make sure it has a green sync light.  Press the "Power" button and see if it lights up.  Check the cable between it and the TV and make sure that's still there.

If you haven't found the problem once you get this far, post back your findings and we'll see if we can help you some more.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

You can do it with the s20 and s30 ATT remotes. 

1. Program mode (OK + Menu for 3 seconds)

2. Press the Power key

3. Press top buttons in the order you want to turn on your devices...

On Demand button for your TV, blue Interactive button for your receiver/amp, and green My Multiview button for the U-Verse box.

4. Press OK to save it. 

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

6 years ago

Thanks for your response. Somehow the device had been switched to a different input.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

I can't get the remote to take me off of this message page. I'm stuck on it.

Contributor

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

Any suggestions appreciated.

ACE - Expert

• 

35K Messages

6 years ago

@dgcannon, check to see which input your TV Receiver is cabled to.  Be sure that it is the one selected using your original TV remote (your U-verse remote may or may not be able to change your TV inputs).  If it is, make sure that the HDMI cable is fully pushed into the sockets on both ends.

Make sure that the U-verse TV Receiver has its lights on.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Mine keeps saying no signal but the message pops up prior to the no signal message to say Good connection. I am so lost.

Contributor

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

Power button does not turn the box on either

Contributor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

ive had no signal for hours internet ok oibviously

Teacher

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

You could try turning the tv on first, then the U-Verse box. That helped with mine. You can program this to happen all the time with the remote. Let us know if this works.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.