JeffD414's profile

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 4:03 AM

recordings disappear - space is not an issue

Has anyone had this happen?  You've got plenty of space so that's not an issue and yet you notice that recordings you have had are suddenly missing.  Nobody erased them, they just vanished.  Does anyone know how or why this happens or whether or not the lost programs are somehow retrievable?  Thanks.

Accepted Solution

Official Solution

Teacher

• 

12 Messages

10 years ago

Check the number of "KEEP AT MOST" for your series programs.  It will be 1,2,3,5,7,or 14. But there is a "KEEP ALL".

If it is set to "7", each new recording will delete the oldest recording because the system "keeps the LATEST 7 recordings.

As with DIRECTV, Its same setting is KEEP AT MOST <#> recordings and it stops recording the latest shows. It doesn't erase the oldest one the list to record a newer program as UVERSE does.

Community Support

• 

1.7K Messages

10 years ago

Hi @JeffD414,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with the recordings disappearing on your DVR. A few things to try is rebooting your DVR just to ensure that there is no issue with it. To do so, you can unplug the power, wait 10 seconds, and plug the power back. If you notice the recordings disappear after that, there may be an issue with the DVR, which we can help replace. 

Also, the DVR settings accessible online, so you may want to take an additional safety precaution and change your att.com password.

Hope this helps.

-David T

Tutor

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Thank you for the information - I can honestly say I've never noticed that feature before!

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.