"HDMI Link Integrity Check" Error

Mentor

"HDMI Link Integrity Check" Error

Nothing serious, but I have my remote set up to turn on my TV and wireless receiver with the one-press button method. Occasionally, I get a message such as "HDMI Link Integrity Check Error / Unable to display picture" on the screen, which I can clear by switching the TV input source to another input and back.

But what I find interesting is that the receiver is apparently displaying a message on my screen telling me that it is unable to display anything on the screen! How ridiculous is that?

Message 1 of 19
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

Re: "HDMI Link Integrity Check" Error

@JiminSTLouis -
That is a shame that it reverted back. Did you try changing the startup order back to the original?

Since you cannot get component cables in the wall, here is a converter that may allow you to use the existing TV connection and wire to connect to the component output of the STB - http://sewelldirect.com/Component-to-HDMI-Converter.asp
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19
Mentor

I just live with it now. It's a secondary TV that is only turned on about once a day, and all I have to do when I see the message is to press a button on the TV remote that switches the input to the 2nd HDMI, then press it again to switch back.

Message 17 of 19

aviewer wrote:
@JiminSTLouis -
That is a shame that it reverted back. Did you try changing the startup order back to the original?

Since you cannot get component cables in the wall, here is a converter that may allow you to use the existing TV connection and wire to connect to the component output of the STB - http://sewelldirect.com/Component-to-HDMI-Converter.asp

I didn't change to the original startup sequence but I will now.  I will also give that converter a try.  Thanks for the suggestion.

rochrunner wrote:

I just live with it now. It's a secondary TV that is only turned on about once a day, and all I have to do when I see the message is to press a button on the TV remote that switches the input to the 2nd HDMI, then press it again to switch back.

rochrunner, I've tried this over and over but still get the error.  I hope a software fix is coming soon.  This is our main TV and is the only one we have this problem on. 

Message 18 of 19

OK - this has GOT to be a software issue;

To fix without getting up from couch and unplugging & plugging in the DVR - DO THE FOLLOWING;

WITH THE TV DISPLAYING HDMI ERROR;

o  ON AT&T REMOTE - hit <MENU>

o  Hit the <Right Arrow> Button on remote until the  <Options> is selected

o  Hit the <Down Arrow> Button until <System Options> hit <Ok> on the remote 

o  Hit <Down Arrow> Button until <TV screen resolution> is highlighted - hit <Ok>

o  With the word <Continue> highlighted - hit <Ok> 

o  Select <Start Test> and hit <Ok>

o  Select EITHER <Keep Changes> or <Cancel> (since you didn't change resolution) 

Your HD TV will now work with existing cable, and not need to be plugged in and unplugged.

Message 19 of 19
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Having service trouble? There is an app for that! Use our troubleshooting tool or text myATT to 8758 to download the app on your device.
It allows you to troubleshoot in the palm of your hand - quickly and easily!
You will also find some helpful articles below.

Additional Support