rochrunner's profile

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

Friday, May 24th, 2013 8:30 PM

"HDMI Link Integrity Check" Error

Nothing serious, but I have my remote set up to turn on my TV and wireless receiver with the one-press button method. Occasionally, I get a message such as "HDMI Link Integrity Check Error / Unable to display picture" on the screen, which I can clear by switching the TV input source to another input and back.

But what I find interesting is that the receiver is apparently displaying a message on my screen telling me that it is unable to display anything on the screen! How ridiculous is that?

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

JiminSTLouis - Good to hear, but more important, it is the only way to know if the suggestion works at all or, in this case, often. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

Neither sequence works for me. I think that the problem is that I have a cheap Insignia (Best Buy house brand) TV that is very slow to power on, so no matter which device gets powered on first, the TV is always late to the party.

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

rochrunner - You can see if introducing delay helps.

If you program att/ok-977 - enter. The power will follow the mode button. You can manually choose sequence and wait between the two.

I was always happy with component connections. So, I would choose that over a complicated turn on,

If you get it to work manually, a Logitech Harmony can be programmed to introduce delay. But, they have discontinued the inexpensive models.

Guru

• 

675 Messages

10 years ago

Well, it's back to HDMI error every time I turn the TV on.  I was at a Christmas party last night and a neighbor said he had AT&T out to his house for the same issue.  The tech said the cause is the latest software update and the only fix right now is to use component cables.  Unfortunately, I just hung my TV on my fireplace and have an intricate cable routing.  I would have to tear apart a days work to switch to component.  I will just use suggestion #5 (unplug and replug cable from uverse box) until the next update.  

Fireplace mount

1 Attachment

Expert

• 

10.1K Messages

10 years ago

@JiminSTLouis -
That is a shame that it reverted back. Did you try changing the startup order back to the original?

Since you cannot get component cables in the wall, here is a converter that may allow you to use the existing TV connection and wire to connect to the component output of the STB - http://sewelldirect.com/Component-to-HDMI-Converter.asp

Mentor

• 

98 Messages

10 years ago

I just live with it now. It's a secondary TV that is only turned on about once a day, and all I have to do when I see the message is to press a button on the TV remote that switches the input to the 2nd HDMI, then press it again to switch back.

Guru

• 

675 Messages

10 years ago

@aviewer wrote:
@JiminSTLouis -
That is a shame that it reverted back. Did you try changing the startup order back to the original?

Since you cannot get component cables in the wall, here is a converter that may allow you to use the existing TV connection and wire to connect to the component output of the STB - http://sewelldirect.com/Component-to-HDMI-Converter.asp

I didn't change to the original startup sequence but I will now.  I will also give that converter a try.  Thanks for the suggestion.

@rochrunner wrote:

I just live with it now. It's a secondary TV that is only turned on about once a day, and all I have to do when I see the message is to press a button on the TV remote that switches the input to the 2nd HDMI, then press it again to switch back.

rochrunner, I've tried this over and over but still get the error.  I hope a software fix is coming soon.  This is our main TV and is the only one we have this problem on. 

Tutor

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

OK - this has GOT to be a software issue;

To fix without getting up from couch and unplugging & plugging in the DVR - DO THE FOLLOWING;

WITH THE TV DISPLAYING HDMI ERROR;

o  ON AT&T REMOTE - hit

o  Hit the Button on remote until the   is selected

o  Hit the Button until hit on the remote 

o  Hit Button until is highlighted - hit

o  With the word highlighted - hit  

o  Select and hit

o  Select EITHER or (since you didn't change resolution) 

Your HD TV will now work with existing cable, and not need to be plugged in and unplugged.

Not finding what you're looking for?
New to AT&T Community?
New to the AT&T Community? Start by visiting the Community How-To.
New to the AT&T Community?
Visit the Community How-To.